Promoting the Classic Server

Is there anyway we can promote the classic server? I would really like to go on and help guests like john and some other ops did for me when I first joined. Now its like a waste land. (emphasis on wasteland. or a desert…).

Is there anyway to promote this?

-Sword

I love classic, and I always have. But it takes me about 10 minutes to get onto the classic server, and my XWom is horribly glitched no matter how many times I try to reinstall it. The vanilla version of classic bores me to death most of the time…

It used to be that we always had way too many guests in classic. I think the changes on MC main site have really hidden the classic server list. If you have any ideas for advertising, I would like to hear em.

Side note: The server was updated today so it was down for a little while.

Not much has changed.

Changelog for 5.5.12.0:
v5.5.12
-New:
-Dynamic compilation for external DLLs (thanks headdetect)
-Added PlayerRotateEvent
-New message when players try to skip ranks (thanks xShOtDoOdx)
-Fixes:
-GC can no longer be used in Chat Moderation (thanks nniels900000)
-Proper error reporting when IRC errors (thanks niels900000)
-Player table and Opstats table now uses TEXT to avoid MySQL/SQLite errors
-Other backend fixes and improvements
-Removals:
N/A

i would really like to see classic prosper and stuff. im really missing it :frowning:

Perhaps see if there are any public server lists for Classic and add the server to it

It bugs be that the list you found does Classic and Creative as if they are the same thing. I mean, several of them are advertising PVP and Survival games. It would be hard to have a true Classic server make it up on the list they have.

Nice idea, and we may try it anyway, but other options may be better.

That isnt the official one though. The official one is through the wiki.minecraft