PCB World Expo 2015

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the first annual PCB World Expo. A chance to show and celebrate the diversity of our players on our server. In this event, players from each countries will be awarded a 75X75 plot, where they will try to build the most impressive pavilion representing their country. At the end of the month of February, the three best pavilions will be revealed, and the builders rewarded!

Just warp to “worldexpo” to see our fantastic spawn area for the event.

[size=14pt]However, building can only start on the 1st February! Plots will be wiped just before this date if any blocks have been placed. You may however discuss with your team ideas!

Furthermore, the World Expo 2015 will only have 20 plots for 20 countries do to limitations. 7 plots have already been awarded to countries that represent a large part of our server.

Those countries are:

• US
  • UK
  • Australia
  • Canada
  • Netherlands
  • France
  • Portugal

In order to get one of the remaining plots, be one of the 13 first persons to claim one on this page. Remember to tell for which country this plot shall be!

Other plots that have been claimed:

• Japan
  • India
  • New Zealand (Not Running)
  • Vietnam
  • Germany
  • Belgium
  • Austria
  • Peru

If all the plots have already been given away when you read this post and want to build, FEAR NOT! You do not need to build for your country! For example, If you are particularly fond of the UK or the US or any other country that has a plot, just ask them if you can build with them. I’m sure they’ll say yes!

Finally, remember to create a “thread” on the events and competition page called "World Expo: “Name of Country.” On this page, remember to include your list of builders, which will be essential in order to award prizes. The thread can also be used to discuss building ideas.

This is the event and competition page:
http://projectcitybuild.com/forums/index.php?board=43.0

1. Building starts on 01/02/2015
  2. Building ends on 25/02/2015
  3. Three winning countries revealed on 01/03/2015
  4. List of players and “country thread” is essential for the competition
  5. 1 plot per country
  6. You can build for any country, but only for 1 team!
  7. No greifing spawn nor other plots
  8. Buildings must be within the 75x75 plot
    [size=14pt]9. The use of World Edit is not permitted

Your team will be judged on these criteria:

• Quality of the build
  • Presentation of the Team’s Official Thread
  • Team Spirit / good behaviour with the other teams

In order to be rewarded you NEED to be on the list of builders of a country

1st:

• $1000 per players.
  • A 1st place World Expo 2015 forum medal to be added next to your banner.

2nd:

• $700 per players
  • A 2nd place World Expo 2015 forum medal to be added next to your banner.

3rd:

• $500 per players

• A 3rd place World Expo 2015 forum medal to be added next to your banner.

• All participants will receive $200 for their participation.

So is there only one plot per country? ie: i team up with every french player in the server?

GReat Idea though (of course)

twan961

I told I was looking forward to this ducky :slight_smile:
It’s going to be great and the team work between each country will be awesome !
CAN NOT WAIT :smiley:

[shadow=red,left][size=36pt][b][shadow=blue,left]GO[/shadow][shadow=blue,left] TEAM[/shadow] UK ![/b][/shadow]

That’s the plan :slight_smile:

Awesome i got a plot all for myself =D vaio may help ofcourse xD

netherlands is claimed

USA! USA!

'Nuff said

Oh I’d love to help build on our UK plot so let me know the plans for it and I will help as much as possible :slight_smile:

God, I was gonna suggest I make a Scotland one but then i’d realized i’d just end up being on alone, making a big Scottish flag and a statue of a wild haggis. Scotland isn’t even an independent country and I’d rather work with Canadia or something than with UK. In a completely not-discriminatory way.

MURICA

Just a question, are we supposed to build like a replica of a national monument or just something that represents the country’s history and culture in a broader sense?

I’d like to claim a plot for Japan. :smiley:

[move][shadow=red,left][size=36pt]にほんいく!GO JAPAN![/shadow][/move]

[shadow=black,left][size=36pt]TEAM UK![/shadow]

Remember Yomi this is about teamwork! So a plot is not really claimed for just yourself, if other people from the netherlands (or just people who like the netherlands) want to build with you, you have to let them.

The way you divide your work, elect a leader (if you wish), is the teams responsibility

And if Vaio wants to build for India, she can’t be on your team as well!

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Whatever you want as long as we get a feel of what the country is!

COUNT ME IN :D! USA USA USAAAA

What happens if there are far too many people? If we let everyone from the uk in we’d end up with about fifteen people all doing random stuff…

Well, teams will have to figure out a way to organise themselves! :slight_smile:

We should make a massive BBQ… lol

Am I allowed to do India, even though i’m literally the only one from there?

Because if yes, i’m so doing India

Yes! I’ll have difficulties evaluating team spirit, but it’s absolutely fine!

Hhmmmm…
Not sure whether to go with India
Or the netherlands…
:S

Guess i’ll make an attempt at india :wink: