PCB Let's Talk Day. Jan 27th 2016-End The Stigma Around Mental Illness!

Some Bible-believing Christians play fast and loose with their sacred text. When it suits their purposes, they treat it like the literally perfect word of God. Then, when it suits their other purposes, they conveniently ignore the parts of the Bible that are—inconvenient.

I don’t really care if you’re religious. The bible says ‘Love thy neighbour as thyself’ and that includes ‘sinners’, so don’t be selective.

It all comes back to R-E-S-P-E-C-T, if you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say anything at all.

To Quote a Tumblr Post

"It's all in your head" Yes exactly that is where the mental illness goblin lives, chanting and making blood sacrifices, thank you for recognizing its geographic location

Yeah, don’t preach it all guys. Feel free to share how it’s helped you with your mental illnesses, as it may help some, but don’t try and convert everyone and condemn sinners, that’s just nae fun at all- this thread, hell even the server, is about trying to be open minded and accepting.

To be honest, throwing religion at people for how they live their lives, or arguing about someone’s religion, go against the idea of the thread in the first place.

Don’t derail the thread guys. Be civil.

[size=24pt]Always treat someone else the way you would want to be treated as.

Yes everyone has an opinion but everyone also has the respect to keep their mouths shut about stuff that is theirs alone. No one is above anyone.

Everyone has had a different life. the way you’ve been raised, experienced things, religion etc etc.
but that doesn’t mean that everything is always correct. The important thing is to keep looking at relations between people in the 3rd person see what everyone has and has made them the way they are and try to understand them.

‘Peace cannot be kept by force, it can only be achieved by understanding.’

This post is so important to help people gather courage for who they are and to show how many different people there are and what things we have in common.

No one is allowed to say anything about another without hearing their story first.

Everyone is soooooo different that is so much fun just to learn from them. When i see new people from where ever they are or what they are. I want to know how they came to be the person they are now. To also help myself in understanding why i do things and for what cause.

This generation needs to cut loose from all old stories and habits from past people.
We can see these days so far into all the people everywhere on the planet, but we often are scared of what we don’t know. So if you don’t know just ask, ask why how when? learn from each other.
If you do not want to do that then keep your mouth closed.

if you don’t like a person then just leave them be. You’re not forced to connect with everyone.

Well, you’ve just earned yourself a ban from PCB! Have fun distributing your thoughtless homophobia elsewhere!

Have Fun :smiley:

I’m glad that mental health is something that is being talked about more in this day and age given the fact that most people have some form of it. In my case my mental health has never really been the best for the longest time I can remember. I have suffered from depression, mild anxiety and probably some form of social awkwardness/autism/who tf knows since probably around the age of 11. Seems pretty young I know.

As a child I was constantly hella hyper and struggled to socialize with other kids around me, most of the time I would get ignored or have kids tell me constantly that I was some kind of annoyance to them, plus childhood bullying from my supposed “friends” kinda made me the semi angry insecure person I am today.

At the age of 11 I was getting aware of puberty n shit and I would be upset that I wasn’t “pretty” or anything like that and it semi kicked the depression that was building up from childhood. Over time I made and lost friends and it made me feel like constant shit, at around 13-14 I started getting suicidal, I never attempted suicide but there were many days where I was on the brink of actually taking my own life.

Many years later I still suffer from depression and with my anxiety added on to it, it’s still sometimes a struggle to do basic everyday things. And at times it semi affects my job/school/current relationship but I still try my hardest to get out of bed and do what needs to be done in order for my life to be on track for the future and hopefully getting some kind of help for my mental health.

I encourage those who have mental illness to seek help and have a good social group of friends cause on your hardest days it’s always nice to have a good support group.

-Pandah <3 (I apologize if this sounds dumb, it’s late and i just got home from work I’m hella tired rn)

Fucking hell Amphi! Seriously, what’s wrong with what he said?

He gave his opinion. Admittedly it was a bit OTT but it’s not that different from other people hating on homophobes here. And even when there were only three religion posts, it somehow gave rise to more than double that number of anti-religion posts. This is too much guys. You can’t claim to be free of haters then hate on them.

The whole point of this thread is that you shouldn’t just judge someone by their beliefs or sexuality. And yet you banned someone for expressing their beliefs.

ok guys, this is the end of the religion part, PLEASE STOP. [glow=red,2,300]this is on mental illness, not the creator [/glow]

sooooo let’s continue this =)

Woah I just skim-read this forum post and looks like a giant s**t storm happened O_O I don’t how religion comes into play on a post about Mental Illness. Sorry to bring it up again but… as a Christian, I think I was taught to accept other people for being homosexual, not to damn them. Times change, and we must accept people for who they are and the changes they cannot and do not want to make. Whether that be a mental illness, or religion.

Life is a precious thing. We simply cannot waste time arguing :slight_smile:

2016 needs to be about spreading the love <3

(I’m done with the religion side of things now. RIP.)

Fact Of The Day!-

In Canada Alone, Mental Illness And Issues Cost The Canadian Economy 50 Billion Dollars Each Year. -Mental Health Commission Of Canada

It took me a while to go through and read everyone’s personal stories posted thus far.
I want to reply to each individual one of you, but I’ll just give a general word for everyone instead;

No matter your mental disability or mental disease, your disease does not make you. Mind over matter on everything, you can accomplish and be anything you set your heart and mind to do! Don’t let bullies and people who don’t know you bring you down, I’m sure if they opened up their heart they’d be able to understand that each of you is a wonderful person that is appreciated.

I myself have dealt with my fair share of bullying, I actually use to get beat up my first year of Secondary School in Canada. (I was 11) I come from a really fucked up and broken home and that’s resulted in me having Anxiety and Severe Depression. And well, my mom is pretty fucked up as well, and I got ADHD & my Insomnia from her. I don’t let those things set me back and I just try to push through them and take each day as it comes and try to ignore what my diseases try to make of me. My diseases are mostly considered mild in comparison to some of you others that have posted with personal stories and also close family members and all.

I’m glad that PCB is the thoughtful and loving community that it is. With all the hate going around nowadays, it’s nice to know we still have a place to go when we’re feeling gray. <3 I love all of you and no matter how shitty life may seem, just know there’s always a better tomorrow. And when you reach rock bottom, there’s no where else to go but up.

Praise. this is amazing, <3

I have ADHD. It makes me hyper. I handle it pretty well actually.

I’m Jahbree, I’ve also have a story that shocking, though I wish not to share. I hope everyone with each a problem of there own grow up to understand you are who you make yourslef.
Best of hope, -jah

Fact Of The Day…

In Canada, only 1 out of 5 children who need mental health services receives them. on a daily basis

-Fact Of The Day-

Only 49% of Canadians said they would socialize with a friend who has a serious mental illness.

-Canadian Medical Association