PCB Bi-Monthly Creative Building Contest!

[size=10pt]Hey guys!
Claudia here I just wanted to ask you guys if you would want to be apart of this contest hosted by: VRA and me!

If you would like to be in the competition, here is what you would need to know:

What is it: A building contest in creative between 2 builders who will face off in a competition to see who can create the best build
When: twice a month, on the 1st and 3rd friday of the month
Where: Clarita - PCB Creative Building Arena

Theme
You will be allocated a theme/style to build in and a type of structure to create (e.g. House, boat, vehicle, redstone device) and you will be judged by 3 judges (Claudia, VRA and a guest judge) who will vote on each build out of 10 the build with the highest score wins!

Entry and Prizes
To enter you must pay a fee of: $20.00 If you win wou will get $100.00 (Sponsored by VRA) in return. If you win the build-off you can chose if you would like to be a judge of the next competition.

[size=10pt]Judges will be looking for:

[ul][li]Uniqueness[/li]
[li]Creativity[/li]
[li]Depth[/li]
[li]How well your build suits the build brief[/li][/ul]

This competition is designed to encourage collaboration between PCB users from members to staff, and aims to improve everyones build ability through constructive criticism.

If you would like to enter this contest and/or have any questions please comment below.

Application to enter:
Name:
Timezone:
Strong styles:

[size=10pt]Below is the set time for the first competition, this is to allow the largest number of people across time zones to participate.

Australian Eastern Daylight Time : 08:30am Saturday 17th October
Greenwich Mean Time: 09:30pm Friday 16th October
Eastern Daylight Time: 05:30pm Friday 16th October

REMEMBER! Potions are NOT allowed to be used in this competition.
Thanks
~Claudia & Vra :smiley:

Name: MrFerf
Strong Styles:
Modern, Rustic/Medieval, Traditional, and just about anything else.
I also like terraforming and interiors.

Name: VirBinarus
Strong Styles:
Futuristic, Modern, Ancient Civilisation,

I would be interested but my bed time is 10:00GMT :frowning:

I have also made a Redstone Competition at:
http://projectcitybuild.com/forums/index.php?topic=11071.0

Name: Anty_MC

Strong Styles:
Renaissance, Modern, Suburban

Maybe move the Greenwich Mean time to 7:00 pm? That way younger builders with equal talent in europe can participate.

Name: wooly19
Strong styles: modern, landscaping, georgian, english

i may or may not do the one on 16th october depending on how my hand is healing and whatever the hospital say tomorrow

Yooo I definitely cannot participate in building since I’m partially active, but for any of the competitions if I’m around I’d love to be a guest judge, here’s my JUDGE App :slight_smile:

Name: You know who I iz

Strong styles:Im really good at passing judgement, being upfront, likes to be a critic, enjoys broadcasting Britney Bitch as an entrance, probably won’t do W/e if you ask, super badass, good at being sexy

Name: yes, I have one
Strong styles: several

this has got to be the best application i have ever seen

i can be a guest judge

I think we will start with 2 judges for the first contest. Once we pick the winner of the 1st contest the winner will be able to pick if he or she will like to be the 3rd judge. I’ll talk to Vra about the guest judges. I would love to have you guys as guest judges! (I will need Vra’s approval)

Thanks!
~Claudia :smiley:

WHY DO YOU NEED TO KNOW MY RANK THAT’S PRIVATE INFORMATION CAN I JUST GIVE YOU MY HOME ADDRESS INSTEAD

This is the best Answer i have seen in a while XD

I think this is an awesome idea Claudia and VRA

Name: Brooding, Mayor of Freehold

Creativity: Clean and nice builds (I’m a gentleman). Modern builds.

Name: Rogue_Plays (Call me Rogue)

Rank: Almost 1 year Member (Half of membership under old name “SquidArmyRogue”)

Strong Styles: Historical/Political, Houses, average in everything else.

Time Zone: Eastern Daylight

Hi Andy,
In the case that the time is unsuitable, i’m sure we can adjust the time to suit the 2 participants. At this stage, the time i’ve proposed is for the first contest, and won’t necessarily be the same for every other contest. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

You have both been accepted as the first 2 participants in the Competition! The time has been adjusted to try and suit both of you. Please let me know if it is unsuitable. You will be judged by _Claudia, PriceMark and myself each giving you a score out of 10. The highest total score wins!

The task for the first competition is:
‘Build a modern home, no larger than 15 blocks wide, 15 blocks long and 15 blocks tall.’
The build should also include some exterior vegetation or a terrace.

Judges will be looking for:
Depth, detail and how well you utilise the small space.

Please meet at PCB Stadium 15 minutes prior to the starting time so that we can answer any questions you may have. Any other players are welcome to spectate from the grand stands but should save comments till after judging is completed.

Other players are not permitted to advise competitors.

Sorry, I got confused with GMT and BST :frowning:

I will only be able to come on between 5:00-8:30 GMT

Times zones are so annoying.

5:00pm - 8:30pm BST is 12:00pm - 3:30pm EST does that suit you MrFerf?

FYI that’s 3:00am - 6:30am ADST (Saturday) for me :confused: Claudia Might be judging alone at this stage xD

Either that or we could hold the comp same time as originally planned but on Saturday (Sunday for me) instead?

The first time we had was great! Well for me (8:00 or 8:30 pm) since its On a Friday the times could go up or go down.

Thanks!

~Claudia

I have school until 1:30, so any time after about 1:45 works. Could we just bump it back a bit?