One Year in Barcalos!

August 17th marks the one-year anniversary of Barcalos, and to celebrate this occasion, I’m hosting a contest, with some seriously sweet prizes!!!

(The fairgrounds are located at (-9350, 75, 5512), southeast of the Barcalos warp hall.)

The Contest: The Barcalos Fairgrounds are empty and ready to be filled for this year’s carnival! Build a sustantial fairground attraction (or two, or as many as you like!) in order to enter into the raffle!

The Prizes: The raffle winner gets $30 USD :money_with_wings: PayPal’ed right to them! (Additional skill based prizes TBA :wink: ) These will be announced during a special live discord event at 10am EST on the 17th, (that’s 3:00 for London and Midnight for AUS).

How to Enter: At the entrance to the grounds, a rules tent can be seen with instructions on how to enter. Fill out a book with your contribution(s), sign it, and drop it in the hopper!

Rules: It wouldn’t be a contest without some rules, so here we go!

1. The contest starts at the publishing of this post and ends at 11:59pm EST on August 14th.

2. You must make a substantial contribution to the grounds to enter. Obviously a Ferris wheel counts, but if you want to make small booths, make five or six and detail them! A good rule of thumb is to spend >30 minutes on your builds (you might win $30 for them after all).

3. Keep to the theme! Think carnival rides (merry-go-rounds, ferris wheel, tilt-a-whirl) circus tents, animal exhibits, arcade games, booths with food and vendors, gypsy tents, a caravan, everything of that sort. Feel free to capture the less glamorous parts of the fair as well (carny trailers, trash on the ground, all that). Inspiration can be seen in the Imgur master post. As always, be as creative as you want, the list is in no way definitive!

4. Build freely, there will be prizes that are build based as well! Obviously, build within reason, don’t be greedy, but the fairgrounds is a huge area!

5. Stay organized! This should look and feel like a real fair. Detail your builds, fill in any empty spaces between builds, and, most importantly, make sure there’s a path that goes to your attraction! You want people to visit, after all.

6. Help out your fellow players, if they aren’t clear on the rules, send them to the forum post or ask them to PM me on discord (I will be on vacation during the contest time frame, but will be active on discord). Shrimp is a good guy to go to for quick questions :wink:

Good luck, and welcome to the fair! :tada::confetti_ball::tada:

2 Likes

Count me in :smiley: