Nintendo's President, Satoru Iwata, dies at 55

http://kotaku.com/nintendos-president-has-passed-away-1717386412

(Let’s take a break from being butthurt about the straight pride thing)

My heart skipped a beat when I heard the news… Nintendo was A HUGE part of my childhood.

There’s no doubt this man made millions of people’s lives happier around the world by bringing quality products that everyone loved and enjoyed.

Shits sad man.

Honestly I haven’t played a huge amount of Nintendo stuff, but the little that I did play did have an impact on my childhood.

Sad news :frowning:

Aww that’s rlly sad… i played quite a few Nintendo Games like Super Smash Bros Melee Old GameCube Games. but dang, that’s sad, :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

:frowning: :frowning: :’(
He will be sorely missed.
R.I.P.

R.I.P

Brings me back to do the days of getting my first console a DS Lite

And here I grew up with the original gameboy. NOT the color one. The frikin brick. Tetris, space invaders, and of course, Mario. Got the original Nintendo system from Mexico. Still works! Then the Nintendo 64… so many great games on that… Gamecube next and last. The DS was pretty amazing too. I still use my r4 for whatever seems good. Phoenix Wright anyone? TWEWY?

I grew up using the brick GameBoy and the Color whenever I visited my cousins. First one I owned was an Advance. Then skipped the SP and went to the DS. Using my friends GameCube for Smash Bros was also amazing.

I had a GBA right as the original DS got released, then I got a DS Lite a few months after that came out.

So many memories on those things…

I still play GTA Chinatown on my DS sometimes :stuck_out_tongue:

I remember getting a Wii. Playing Wii Sports and Super Mario Galaxy. Even my family was playing on the console. I still have it, but I’m not sure if it works. I’ve stopped playing on the Wii for about 3 years and haven’t touched it ever since. Satoru Iwata’s death took me by surprise. If it wasn’t for Nintendo, I might not be into video games as much as I am now.