New Rank: Guides

[size=2em]Introducing a New Rank: [Guide]

[size=1em]Do you have an interest in helping other players? If you find yourself a resourceful player in the community then perhaps the Guide rank will be of interest to you! Our idea for the Guide rank is for them to help newer or misinformed players in the community with whatever assistance they may need. This may include helping people scout land, or being in charge of helping people sign up. We hope that by establishing this rank that we will have more ready and willing people to help players instead of having one staff member bombarded with questions or needs. Think of this rank as an extension of the Trusted rank. We trust that Guides will help other players on behalf of the staff and the community!

[size=1em]For our first run of the Guide rank, the Staff have picked [size=1.45em]Whbilbo[size=1em], [size=1.45em]The_Jacob[size=1em], and [size=1.45em]Jmvvana[size=1em]! Congrats, guys!

[size=2em]How does the rank function?

[size=1em]Rather than directly applying for this rank, you must be nominated, and you cannot nominate yourself. Guides are voted in by the community. Staff will not be allowed to nominate, but they too may vote. Otherwise, the choice is all up to you guys as the community for who you want to see as Guide, and who will best represent the server as a Guide. Each cycle lasts for 3 months; here is the timeline:

[size=1em]Month 1: Staff will set reviews for Guides as a general checkup. Don’t think that the review serves as a medium to advance, it is treated to generally evaluate progress and make sure the new Guide should be allowed to continue.

[size=1em]Month 2: Nomination will take place throughout the next 2nd month. Since active Guides are only allowed 3 months, another 3 Guides will be chosen to replace them once their period is up. Players may nominate Guides themselves and throughout the month all Trusted nominations will be considered. Guides too may make nominations, however, they may not be Guides for the next cycle and they cannot nominate themselves as previously stated. Previous Guides may become Guide again so long as 3 months have taken place for the next batch. This means that there are several opportunities to be Guide more than once, but you cannot serve for 2 terms in a row.

[size=1em]Month 3: Voting takes place throughout the 3rd month of the Guide cycle. Deadlines to vote will be strictly enforced each week (to get rid of low votes). The end of the month will determine the next 3 Guides to serve. There will only be 3 Guides at a time, and once they have served their term, they will return to their previous rank.
[size=2em]
What commands will Guides have access to?

[ul][li][size=1em]Toolblock (Logs of block placement)[/li]
[li][size=1em]Jail (If someone is griefing and there are no staff on)[/li]
[li][size=1em]TpHere (If someone needs help or needs to leave a location)[/li]
[li][size=1em]Seen (No Staff online to inform people of when the last a certain member was seen)[/li]
[li][size=1em]Jump (Jumps you forward some 15-20 blocks or so)[/li]
[li][size=1em]Checkban (Self-explanatory)[/li]
[li][size=1em]Top (Puts you on Top-most block of your position)[/li][/ul]
[size=1em]Once again, the PCB Staff congratulate our first three Guides! We hope you’ll make us proud!If anyone has questions, concerns, or comments, please feel free to respond below. The Guide sub-forum will also provide helpful information as well.

Thank for you allowing me to become PCB’s first ever Guide. I’m honored to be promoted to this rank, and I plan to serve it well. If anyone needs help, feel free to ask me, as it is my job now. :wink:

^^ same, and is it normal to be oddly confused on day 1? XD

Not even going to lie, some of us staff aren’t even 100% sure of how we should implement it. It’s why we’re doing it, so the idea can be refined and we can have a good future rank for you Trusted. Don’t be worried about confusion, things’ll clear up for us all soon.

Thank you all so very very much for choosing me as one of the first ever Guides. I will be sure to do my best as much as possible :slight_smile: Cheers!

guys, you also have access to /checkban, something that Madant, Marco, and myself decided would be good to have, as well as /jump, and /top, which i myself decided would be nice additions to your commands to help players out.

This is a really cool idea, im glad this idea has came around. I think it’d help out alot and give more people tools to help out in game. Good job Jm, whb, and jacob!

Woooooooo! Glad to see this come to life. Congrats to the first guides!

Congrats guys! It’s nice to see a staff brainchild really pay off.

Congratz yo. You guys deserved it!

Would it be possible to add that when they say /online vanished staff are listed, so that then they know which staff are online. Just thought this would be a good command for them to have. Congratz you guys, good luck guiding us into the future :wink:

Congrats guys well done

Congratulations Whbilbo, Jmvvana & The_Jacob! You guys deserve it!

Congratumalations!

GG

[size=10pt]#ComicSans!

This.

I think.

What a surprise for me when i logged back after 4 days of beach i say “new rank?!”

Well, congrats guys for Guide whbilbo, The_Jacob and Jmvvana (the first guide) XD

U guys deserved it for helping the server :wink: :smiley:

Congratulation!! =D Ya’ll deserve it!

Sorry I’m a little late, sorry for the necro-ing. Congrats to the three who got guide for the first 3 months.

Firstly, just to clear things up:

throughout the month all Trusted nominations will be considered.

Is that all nominations by trusteds or of trusteds

Secondly, a suggestion

The colour [size=14pt][&5 Dark Purple]
looked a little harsh to me. My suggestion for an alternative would be:
(&b Aqua)
Because 1) It gives it more of a trusted+ feel, and 2) It looks a lot more friendly and welcoming.

The only people who won’t be allowed to Nominate are Staff Members and any Guests/Banned members. This means that Members/Trusted nominate each other. All nominees must be Trusted members of the community though as the Guide rank is an extension to the Trusted rank.