New laptop has problem in MC?

If we really need to, can’t we do a team viewer session to see if we can fix it remotely? I would be willing to try. At the very least, it would let us learn more about the “crap” she has. It may be a decent laptop.

Ive had a quick look at her PC yesterday, quad core 2.1, 4.5/4? gbs of RAM, Intel hd 3000 chip, mid 200gb+ hdd etc, all seems to check out, the drivers for the mother board, graphics ‘card’ and everything else apart from the LAN port seems to be a custom driver from the laptop manufacture.

Using a Intel driver could of messed up the PC a bit so i didn’t install it in the end.

I’m just wondering if minecraft and Intel hd graphics doesn’t mix well?

I just got a laptop that has the same graphics chip in it (albeit a lower clock speed), I would get the Intel drivers tbh. I had to set up a computer for a classroom recently and using the HP drivers it suggested didn’t work too well, in the end I used the Intel ones.

Trolololololololol
Wait what?? ._.

so I dub thee unforgiven.

IAMDISSAPOINT! So vai, it seems your actual laptop is good, but something is conflicting? kyle fatso and sip to the rescue! Hard said he may also have a solution.

…Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I get it I get it, I was thinking to myself “Where have I heard that before… >.>”

Heck yes try more standard drivers. Even if they don’t work well at all or are worse, you can always revert to the old ones. In my experience, HP has the worst software on every HP machine I have used. 90% is junkware. The machines are good, its just they cram HP labeled programs into it.

Vaio, the laptop sounds Very good based on Fatso’s report. If the video card is decent, it should be able to play most modern games on the thing. Don’t sell it!!

To finish up the topic for other people who have the same problem, its a easy fix.

On windows 7 you will need to go to the control panel, sound, then depending on your system you should have a few diffrent options but to the far right of the tabs there should be your touchpad controls.
in the touchpad controls find and disable the ‘Disable touchpad whilst typing’ option, then look for another option called ‘palmcheck’, if you can disable it do it, if not there should be a sliding bar, turn it all the way down to the minimum and then this should fix the problem.

Ive allready done this for vai and her sisters laptops but ill post it here in case it helps anyone else =]

Funny, I have a desktop and I suffered the same symptoms on Win 7. I’m almost certain it was my version of Java that caused my problems. Either way, glad to see that there is a fix for laptops.

I hate palmcheck. I completely removed the driver on my laptop for the touch pad because of it, currently using the Windows default driver and that works well enough in combination with an external mouse on occasion.