Nether Portals

Hi, I know Nether Portals haven’t been working for a while but I would really like it fixed because I was planning to use them to build a “station” in the Nether.

Nether portals can be used to quickly travel around the overworld because 1 block in the Nether = 2 blocks on the overworld (pretty sure you knew that already).

Anyway, I wanted to unite all the town and cities over a Nether Portal network - this would be great for roleplay since you don’t have to teleport/warp (I heard there’s a roleplay going on here).

Long story short, can anyone fix the Nether Portals please? :slight_smile:

It’s no biggy so I won’t be upset if this isn’t fixed anytime soon; just a minor inconvenience. We can all still use /warp Nether

(sorry if this is in the wrong forum, it’s kind of both a bug report and a suggestion :))

The thing is, when 1.9 comes in (soon, hopefully) there’ll be another method of getting between places quickly without using warps - boats on ice. Given the speed they can get up to, and how long it typically takes to shift worlds etc, going via the Nether is going to be much slower.

I see. I’m still getting used to 1.9 because I haven’t played much of it. But the concept is still a good idea, right? Could we connect towns and cities over some sort of network of ice and boats perhaps?

This is turning more into a suggestion than a bug report sorry :S

Of course, warping is fine. I just thought it might be nice for roleplay.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe Nether portals were supposed to be working, so yes, this should be a bug report. I’ll try take a look at the issue when the 1.9 server update comes around.