Nerfing Donator Permissions

With the recent surge of Donators, I’ve begun to question the fairness of the permissions.
You have people who have just joined the server that donate $2 and instantly become a “Trusted Plus” of sorts. If invalidates the feeling of trustworthiness and seniority in my rank. I think that you should have 2 kinds of Donators, sort of. Have Member Donators which have Member permissions, plus some additional permissions for donating. The same goes for Trusted Donators. Trusted perms + extra perks, rather than buying donator being a rank-up. This works on large servers where the only “plain folks” ranks are paid for, however, with Trusted ranks, conflicts like this arise.

So, to sum it up. If a Member buys Donator, they get Member perms + a colored name, an extra home or two, and maybe a few extra commands. If a Trusted buys Donator, they get Trusted perms + all the fancies.

That’s about it. If anything is unclear, let me know. I did this kinda quickly and I realize it’s very run-on.

The thing is most of us (referring to staff) don’t recognise donator as “trusted plus” as you put it, it doesn’t make us trust the person any more or less.

Also all I can see that you’ve proposed is that members don’t get fly or tp (maybe) when they donate to maintain the apparent sanctity of the trusted rank. This goes back to what I said earlier how we see the two ranks as entirely different as it is.

We need donations to keep the server running. Ideally we want people to donate out of the goodness of their heart, but let’s be realistic here, so we need to make it worthwhile.

I would say that 99% of being Trusted is the fact that your rank is “Trusted”. Back before I was staff, I donated, but when I got trusted it was still pretty exciting (even though I got nothing extra).

I can understand why someone having the same permissions as you could affect the perceived seniority, but at the end of the day, all they had to do was give us $2. Trusted members are actually trusted by the staff population, because they have to do so much more than that.

Being a donator, I will have to agree with Octo. Sorry Ferf. :stuck_out_tongue:

[move][glow=green,2,300]Anty_MC[/glow][/move]

i disagree with you ferf , also i think trusted and donater ranks are totally different and they should not be comapred to each other or even treated less than the other .at the end both us earned our perks in different ways .

unfortunately , someone told me once in this server .donaters couldnt get the trusted perks so instead they throw their money .i find that a little bit rude , thats a not nice to way to thanks us for keeping this server alive

I understand what everyone is saying, and looking over what I said in the original post, I think I was being a bit extreme. I realize that Donator and Trusted are completely separate ranks, and I don’t think Donators shouldn’t be allowed to fy or tp or whatever.
For some reason, some of you donators seemed to be offended by this; you’ve been very generous to donate to the server and keep it alive, and this post wasn’t meant to offend, but if I’m some snobby rich kid that’s just joined the server, (none of you are; this is just an example) comes along and donates $25, they’ve secured Trusted perms PLUS Donator perms for life, no work involved.
I’ve been around for 4+ years on this server, and the work that I put in to getting Trusted should mean something to me. Yet the only people that seem to agree with me (or partially agree with me) are Anima and Fili. Us 3 are pretty much the oldest active Trusteds at the moment.
I don’t know. It’s really up to staff to decide this one. I hope everyon can see where I’m coming from.

That was me, and I apologize for such a generalization. However, there have been instances in the past of people donating money and thinking that the promise of future money would act as a get-out-of-ban-free card. I do still think that some people (although not any of the recent ones) do think of getting donator rank as just a priority bypass to trusted permissions, which is why I would be in favour of nerfing perms (at least making it so that donators don’t have more perms than trusteds).
Of course, there are many more people, you as a good example, who simply love the server and want to keep playing it.

i agree

Even though member donators get equal permissions with trusted donators, it doesn’t matter. They’re helping keep the server alive. But, what you aren’t realizing is that you do get an extra perk.

Trusted. TRUSTed.

In reality, the permissions are the same, but at the end of the day you both donated, and you both deserve equal permissions. The fact that you have trusted is so much more. Staff knows you, and (mostly) likes you.

This is just my two-cents in the argument.

I agree with MrFerf, the donator rank should have a member donator, and a trusted donator. It bugs me to find out that a donator has as much permissions as a trusted, and I believe that there should be changes. Or, at least give the donators all the allowed permissions over time. Some people donate 2$ just to get the donator rank in less than a month of joining, and not for the work that they have made in PCB. The current donators that have already donated are okay, and wouldn’t be demoted/promoted, aside for having member, and/or trusted donator next to his/her name.

This may disappoint you but, I’m saying this for everyone, MrFerf, and for the sake of PCB.

It’s just a rank. It means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

If someone is willing to donate money towards to maintenance of the server, for your own sake, you should treat them well.

It seems to me that the only reason it bugs you that they have these permissions is simply because you don’t. You feel entitled because you’ve been here longer. Again, it’s just a rank. You shouldn’t feel annoyed.

i agree with you rookie its just a rank , it wont affect anyone

In my opinion I guess this thread shouldn’t take too long , these perks were decided long time ago by staff .

As a trusted i must go against my peers as i dont see what the fuss is about, i mean has it really affected you?

The only problem i see with donators is a very big minority of them are arrogant f**** but other than that why should we change the system now when there hasnt really been any problems…

I agree with twan

Doesnt matter your rank, you fuck up enough you get banned.

Depends how enough you fuck up.