Nearly 10 Years of PCB - My Retirement

Hey guys,

Its with a heavy heart I inform you that I am officially announcing my retirement from the server.

It’s been an awesome 10 years, and I’m more than confident the legacy we’ve created along with those I’ve trained/mentored through the ranks have the ability to continue PCB for at least another 10 years, easily. The skills you all bring to the table, along with your constant dedication to seeing to it that the server grows are simply outstanding, and something I wanted to get involved in. I never could, however, be there as much as you needed me. I definitely regret that.

I feel bad for those I’ve wronged in the past and for those who I just started to meet this year that I won’t be hearing from that much. I understand how much this server means to some people, and that’s no different for me. The relationships and friendships I’ve created here mean so much to me than you’ll ever know, and I am happy to say I’m leaving behind a positive legacy/vibe.

Bless all of you, and I hope you guys see this place for what it is. A lasting memory to some, a lifelong zen garden to most.

I’ll try my best to pop in very rarely, but no promises. What’s happened in my life in the past three months (personal) has ruined my ability to find enjoyment in things I should enjoy, and it frankly sucks.

But without dragging this out any longer, best of luck to all of you.

• Fili
13 Likes

Well you’re definitely going to be a missed presence on the server Fili. I hope you the best of luck in dealing with whatever life has thrown you’re way and hope to see you when you pop in and out. Thanks for being a pretty solid mentor and great friend! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow. This hits deep.
We will miss you, Fili. The energy you brought to PCB will undoubtedly be missed. You have brought some of the funniest, most enjoyable entertainment and mentorship that PCB has seen, during this server’s existence.

Remember that if you need to fall back to anyone for support, we are here for you.
I wish you the best of luck, and keep facing the curveballs that are thrown at you. It’s more than worth it, in the end.

The constant joy you brought to PCB is something that I will not forget about this server.
Take care, Fili!

It’s a sad day when one of my OG friends leaves. I remember you letting me build a small modern house in rancho and I was surprised because I honestly thought I wasn’t good enough to build there. I remember that kindness a lot.

I know that wherever you go, you will be awesome. I wish you the best and hope you can visit!

Aidan

Farewell to my fellow 2011 friend. If it hadn’t been for Rancho back in 2015, I might not have stuck around long enough to get promoted to Mod alongside you and eventually find ourselves on Management together. It’s been a pleasure working and playing with you for all these years. I wish you all the best and hope to see you around again when things look a little brighter. Take care.

So long Fili! We’ll miss here on PCB. Thank you for the all the laughs!

Farewell, good luck, and I’ll be sending hope and good wishes.

• Tot

Fili, its been an honor serving with you my friend.

Going back to 2015 when I first joined, you were considered an oldie then, and I was brand new. I remember building a city called Elton (shortly before my minecraft account geeked out, and I somehow earned trusted while I was unable to even play on the server??) and the city had a large duck statue. You would make it your business to constantly find a way to “grief” my duck statue, either by adding a pile of shit or adding a hat of some sort, I’d always clear the duck and you’d have a clean slate the next time you’d want to mess with it. You’re a good friend, and someone I could always trust and have a laugh with. You’re always welcomed here, and I truly hope that you make visits. Keep in contact, I wish you luck with everything going on in your life, and everything the future holds. Over five years have elapsed, since I’ve joined-- it’ll be six years on the 14th-- and in that time I have now come to be considered an oldie too.

God bless, and Godspeed to one of my earliest friends on this server.

Thank you,

Joe
jmvvana

see you fili :frowning:

It was a great time to be working with you
Bye Bye Fili… ;(