Minimum Diamond Prices

The MINIMUM price for diamonds is 100$ EACH!! Please adjust your prices accordingly!!

REMEMBER you can charge more than 100$ each if you feel like it but the minimum is 100$ each.

This is always been the rule (for the 1.8 map) so don’t act like it’s new. Please just fix your prices. :slight_smile:

I recall seeing $40 diamonds on the previous map. Would you mind quoting the actual thread in which the this rule is stated? I don’t mean to get in your way, it’s just that this is news to me, and I think I may not be the only one.

Ferrari’s shop sold 'em for $18 each last map 8) But, yeah, it’s the $100 rule this time around. :slight_smile:

To clear up any confusion for those unaware of this policy:

Regarding the previous market in the last map, staff had agreed that per diamond the base cost would be $100. If diamonds were sold any cheaper, than it was considered that you were tampering with the economy. To fix this issue, it was decided that this “rule” as you might call it was to be enforced and followed for with shops in the previous Market. We apologize that this wasn’t any more clear when we updated to 1.8, but this rule was meant to be entirely enforced and included at the rules board for the market. This rule is now being enforced and is listed at the rules for Market now.

If you are currently selling Diamonds for less than $100, it needs to be corrected within this week. On another note, if you are selling diamond blocks, the math comes out to be $900 per diamond block, HOWEVER since this is a lot more expensive than just a singular diamond, you are permitted to sell them for NO LESS than $800 each. If you disagree with this rule, you may sell/trade/do as you must with diamonds with other players only if it’s dealt with privately at your own costs. Do not attempt to make an OOM (out-of-market) Diamond shop and Do not attempt to make a diamond shop in the market for less than the amounts as posted. Failure to comply with this rule from here on out will entail consequences to Staff’s discretion.

How the hell am I going to get rid of my 26 blocks of diamonds now… QQ

Start up a lemonade stand. :smiley:

Aren’t we all forgetting about the black market? XD

Can someone give me the link of when we decided this? I do not recall any of it :smiley: (Probably missed it)

It’s actually impossible to set up a shop for diamonds for less than $100, unless you are selling them as diamond blocks.

Last Time I played it was 50$. Why is it tampering with the economy if it is less than 100$?

I remember getting diamonds for free. :frowning:

Well i think i should leave my opinion here, first of all the economy isn’t the proper one but it will not be fixed by selling diamonds at 100$!
Guests start with 500$ , it is considered a lot for a people that might join by 10 minutes, buy a 500$ house and never get back on the PCB server again! If you guys want to add more money in the economy consider giving more money to the people who vote because thats usually the people that really care about the server!

As the diamond price, 100$ is just too much! A regular people can only make 100$ a day by voting, I find diamonds in like 10 Minutes max. So as that logic goes, 1 diamond is worth of the money you make in a day! I hope i made my point understood, sorry for any bad english!

P.S.: Not trying to say you guys didn’t put some tough in it, but this is my opinion about the economy right now! If you want to make diamond prices higher, give more money by voting!

Still didn’t get an answer!

It was decided on the 1.8 staff thing I thought, I am not sure. This has always been the unwritten rule for 1.8, just now it’s written and it’s the rule

sorry to say but in that specific topic is was given as an Idea it wasn’t an unwritten rule where all staff agreed to.
the only thing we where pretty sure of was that it needed a limit to prevent people of making teh diamonds so cheap it was worth nothing, but we never made a definite amount for the price

:I

But yea I had a discussion about this yesterday… If anyone can PM us the link to that “thread”

http://projectcitybuild.com/forums/index.php?topic=9222.30

This is the discussion, though I do not see where the 100 dollars for diamonds comes in anywhere. Personally, I feel like 100 dollars is WAYYYYY too much money. I wasn’t entirely joking when I said how I’m going to sell my 26 blocks of diamonds, like really… are you gonna buy a diamond for 100 dollars ever? Really?

I think this was discussed by some staff but was never officially done as many of us have a memory of it.

I would say have the limit be set to 30-40 dollars a piece so we don’t have any ferrari’s in the future. But having the minimum be 100 dollars is making selling diamonds completely unviable.

Ok, I know we voted for this somewhere because why would I make this up?

This IS the rule for now, if you have an issue with it then make a poll and we can vote again.

maybe better if you move this to the staff board.

my advice; back to 2 maps ago where 1 diamond is 50. it was pretty solid back then.

and anth you don’t decide something like that it is meant to be discussed with all staff members