Minecraft blackscreening in Ubuntu

I have recently downloaded Ubuntu, and may be deleting my Vista because of my preference for Ubuntu already. However, it seems that I cannot get my Minecraft to run. I DO have Oracle Java 7 AND Sun java. I have attempted to update my lwjgl.

However, when i start Minecraft, I get this error in the terminal.

Exception in thread "Minecraft main thread" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/johnlh97/.minecraft/bin/natives/liblwjgl.so: libjawt.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary1(ClassLoader.java:1939) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1864) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1825) at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Runtime.java:792) at java.lang.System.load(System.java:1059) at org.lwjgl.Sys$1.run(Sys.java:69) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at org.lwjgl.Sys.doLoadLibrary(Sys.java:65) at org.lwjgl.Sys.loadLibrary(Sys.java:81) at org.lwjgl.Sys.<clinit>(Sys.java:98) at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:132) at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:184) at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:657) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

Now that I have re-read this error, i am feeling like a derp… It’s obvious what is wrong lol

maybe try re-downloading minecraft to fix it

I have… twice =(((

try redownloading Java 7, mayber there was a corrupt file during the download

Make sure you actually set and/or run Minecraft with Oracle Java. I’ll explain later. May want to use Java 6.

will do tomorrow… I am currently at dad’s and do not have my laptop with me.

have you tried turning it off and on again? (reinstall)