First off, everyone is entitled to one, no matter what rank you are. But I would like to point a few things out.
The rules for shops are as follows:
- One shop per person
- You must not build outside the shop.
- You can change the colours/materials of the walls, floors and ceiling, but you can not remove them. (The ceiling must remain at the same height, the shop area must stay 9x15 blocks)
- If you do not develop your plot within a week of claiming it, the shop will be removed
- Keep your shops stocked! Out of stock shops are just as bad as empty shops.
- Shop signs outside the shop must be no bigger than 5x3 blocks
- Do not extend the size of your shop. Do not build an extension out the back, or build overhanging ceilings along the front of your shop
- Do not join shops. You must not destroy the walls between shops. You can link them with doors, but the wall must remain intact.
- Put your name at the front of your shop. We need to know who owns it!
Shops are free, and should remain that way. This means don’t sell them. I know of at least one incident where someone has claimed a shop and attempted to sell it to another player for a considerable sum of money (I think it was $3000). The market was built as a place for everyone to be able to trade with the community with no cost other than the placing of the sign. Please keep it that way.
As stated above, everyone is entitled to one. ONE. No more. You may team up with people who own a shop next to you and create a larger shop which you both share, but taking 2 for yourself is not permitted. It gives you an unfair advantage if you have double the shop space as everyone else.
Reserving a shop is allowed. But from now on we do insist on some kind of development happening within 1 week of the reservation being placed. If nothing happens, your reservation sign will be removed and another player who doesn’t own a shop may take it for themselves. This is to try and prevent gaps in the shopping parades.
If you can’t find a shop, ask a member of staff (preferably _specialk, but any will do) if more can be added. We will add more as soon as possible.