Mah new Gaming Computer

Specs:

CPU: Intel i7 3770k @ 3.5Ghz (overclockable)

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z77

RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX

Case: Cooler Master Cosmos 2

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 OC (overclockable)

PSU: 1200w Antec Quattro

HDD: WD 2TB

SSD: Intel 520 series 60GB

Optical Drive: Liteon Blu-ray drive

It cost around $2200 AUS, because the GPU was about $600 and the Case was $400. The first picture is my gaming setup, and the second is a size comparison to an Xbox 360.

Noice. I have a Cosmos S and honestly its the biggest waste of money for me. After building a few computers I’ve realized looks is more of an afterthought for me, I would rather have more performance.

aw nice! :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve been looking for a gaming computer. I haven’t really gotten into details yet. :stuck_out_tongue: But where did u get that one?

usually building your own computer is the way to go. you can get a REALLY nice computer made yourself for about half the price of something that has a brand name and is considered a ‘gameing computer’, such as Alienware.

Ah alienware, i love that company. XD But i didnt know which was better, buying or building. But i just got that extra push towards building. :stuck_out_tongue: May take a while though, im broke and my computer is basically a pile of junk. Well, the desktop that is. :smiley:

You… you like… Alienware…?
You mean the most overpriced windows computer company?
The same one who adds LEDs to their cases to make an extra $200?

Not to mention LED’s cost next to nothing.

Here cherry. I got you an alienware computer. But not really. Instead, I got you a door, so you can GTFO. Because Alienware is incredibly overpriced, they’re like the Ipods of the computer industry. Every wanna be gamer has one.

With this SSD that I used, it takes about 4-5 seconds to boot up and login. An Intel i5-2500k would be a good choice for a CPU also.

i5-2500K is a CPU, and I believe he has a i5-3450k or something along the lines of the new Ivy processors.

He shouldn’t need a new one then.

That wasn’t Cherry, it was gamergirl xD

i was just about to say that XD

That was harsh on gamer. There is nothing wrong with Alienware products, it’s just the price is very high. Some people are willing to pay for the brand or looks. I know many only care about performance like me, but still. Don’t scare away someone who is learning about them.

tbh though, i know a lot of people who make computers with fancy stuff, like a water cooling system, and leds all over the computer… its just that its cheaper to put it in a custom than to buy Alienware. the products are decent, just not exactly over the top like a custom job

Lol I know alienware computers are overpriced. I was kinda being… er… sarcastic. :stuck_out_tongue: Guess it didnt come across… And hard, that WAS harsh. You hurt mah panda feelings. :’(

I killed a panda

just about the only thing i agree with this video about is that pandas are:

“sweet, and cunningly vicious” >:D