Limited for W/E for those who prove they aren't total morons

Hello,
Expounding on the suggestion that somebody (whoever it was) posted a few suggestions down. I suggest we have limited W/E for people who can prove they know how to use it. You could simply test them on W/E on a separate server world to see if they can do it without killing everyone’s game.
If needed I can provide access to my test server for use of this venture, if you decide to do this.
This would allow staff to have slightly less W/E issues, and the W/E would be controlled because only people who are skilled with it could use it.
Naturally, this would be exclusive to people who can prove they understand W/E. Regardless of rank.
Thanks,
-KJ

Sounds better, thanks for adding on to my suggestion.

Expanding on this:
Those people would also obviously have to be trustworthy. For an application process I think you would have to go through a period (let’s say a month), where they would be closely monitored by a selected member of staff, to see that they got up to no ill, and that they were trustworthy.
After proving this they should then go onto the trial W/E phase that @TheKingOfSweden suggested, so long as they could prove that they could do something good with it, integrate it into a build.

I don’t know if there is any way of limiting the size of the command the person does, i.e. trying to world edit out 100,000 blocks, as opposed to 1000 blocks, but if there was I would suggest putting that in place, to try to solve any lag issues there would be. If this is not such a feature I would suggest that the person with the W/E was going to do something using it, they would inform a member of staff online, and if they world edited too much and caused too much lag they would get a ‘warning’ of some kind. Too many warnings would mean that the W/E would be taken away. Or if the W/E was too laggy, and for instance crashed the server/caused a chunk to corrupt then the W/E would be immediately taken away, so long as it was not just some glitch with the server and they hadn’t convered a sea to diamond blocks.

I would also ask that if these privileges were granted that those with W/E are not allowed to give others help using it. I think that W/E has to be a privilege, not a burden. I’m sure all the staff with W/E know that it can sometimes be a burden, with all the members/trusteds asking them 24/7 to “come and help me with this”, and then complain when it doesn’t happen. If members could share the W/E then all the world would come to was a lot of stone cubes dotting all over the landscape.
Thanks,
Max

Again, you give people W/E, they use it more. They use it more, we need caps on edits as anyone can fuck up with it easy.

We don’t even give a majority of our staff these permissions, as I had stated prior, as it can be VERY destructive unintentionally. Until it’s commonplace for all staff to have it (which won’t happen, there is NO NEED for that) we will not just issue it out to members, because all it takes is proving competence to gain access and use it maliciously.

Your issue here is you say that if they understand it and appear okay, they deserve W/E. What if they go rogue after earning the privilege? What if they were trouble from the start, and play nice until you give them the power? Too many flaws, and no sensible reason to do any of this.

W/E is best left untouched by anyone other than staff in Creative. In BigCity/Rancho, rules are a bit looser, but if everyone had W/E, the server would be ugly and laggy.

Its a good idea, but some people cant be trusted with W/E, as it is a huge privilege, and can easily be misused.

Spec explained why w/e won’t be given out to more people literally 24 hours before your post.

Locked.