January Build Contest

January 2018 Build Contest

Jungles

Welcome to PCB’s new bi-monthly (hopefully) build contest!
These contests will all be themed around a biome, build style, location, or block palette to test your skills.

On the line, we have a selection of prizes, including a free selection from our infamous Game Pool, Donator ranks on the server, and even a Steam gift card!

The contest will run from now until 11:59pm GMT on Feb 7th.
Winners will be announced in early February.

So, let’s get into what you have to do…

Contest Rules

1. The theme for this contest is Jungle. Builds which clearly don’t fit the theme will be disqualified.
  2. Your build can be any size between 20x20 and 250x250. We won’t be very strict with this, but builds which are clearly too large or small will be disqualified.
  3. You should build your entry in the Creative map, or Survival if you really want a challenge, but there are no bonus points for this.
  4. Group entries are allowed, however there is no guaruntee all members of the group will get the same prize if your entry wins one.
  5. Entries should be posted as a reply to this thread, listing the co-ordinates of the build, and the map.
  6. You can submit as many entries as you like, however, prizes are limited to one per player.
  7. Entries must be created during the timeframe given.
  8. The winners will be decided by a judging panel of Ouhai_Ruby, Dantosky, and MrFerf. In the event of a split decision, Ouhai_Ruby has the deciding vote.

Prizes

1st Place:
2 months of Donator rank on the server.
Your choice of: A £10 Steam gift card (about $12.75 USD as of writing), or 1st pick from the Game Pool.
An exclusive 1st place forum badge.

2nd Place:
1 month of Donator rank on the server.
2nd pick from the Game Pool.
An exclusive 2nd place forum badge.

3rd Place:
3rd pick from the Game Pool.
An exclusive 3rd place forum badge.

All entrants will recieve a participation forum badge.

The game pool can be found here.

Good Luck!

3 Likes

I’m excited to see what y’all build! Good luck to everyone that participates. :^)

Is wordedit allowed this time or not?

Also my entry will be built at:
X: 10753
Y: 81
Z: -4274
Map: Creative
Everything inside the light blue wool is the build, except the stuff that’s deep underground it and not connected

No WorldEdit please! (Exception for changing biome to Jungle for the greener grass)

@Ouhai_Ruby

Is there a specific purpose or use for the build, or is it just “stick with the theme and make whatever”?

just stick with the theme and make whatever

gotcha! ^^ this should be fun.

You have about a week left to get your entries in!

Shrimp and I made an entry!
X: -7721
Y: 79.00
Z: -3168
Make sure you check it out with shades on!

1 Like

^ Its in the creative map.

I’m extending the deadline by another week so we can get a few more entries!
You now have until 11:59pm GMT on Feb 7th.

You have just under 24 hours to get your entries in!

1 Like

12380 100 6588

It’s unfinished, but I’m submitting it anyway. Tried my hardest :stuck_out_tongue: failed even harder

Last minute submission!!!

-6747, 94, 4822 (creative map)

Be sure to read the book, that goes along with the plot, and message me if it’s not there.

I’m not sure if this is a late submission or not, but I hope it can be accepted as I only found out about the contest about 3 hours before making this reply.

Anyway, enjoy my build.

And the results are in!

All the entries we got were fantastic, well done to everyone.

3rd place: insane_monkey with their cursed campsite
2nd place: verajasper with their village and hidden secrets
1st place: FurtenFur and Shrimp with their temple

If the winners could PM me either on the forums or on discord (Ouhai_Ruby#3814) to claim their prizes ASAP.