Internal Server Error

Im getting this error every time I switch pages here on PCB:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

========================================================================

I am also getting this error in the spot where the server status bars are suppost to be. What is going on with our website? I think it’s sick…I guess you could say the website has a…VIRUS! xD COMPUTER HUMOR!

I get the same thing.
Using google chrome, in case that helps.

I’m using Google Chrome, usually after 4 or 5 refreshes it appears.

I’m the same as goof

This is now fixed

Hope we will be more stable here on out. I was getting that same error on my phone so it might have been browser-independent, and something different altogether, andy probably knows :stuck_out_tongue:

From what I have heard, the problem was due to our new host having odd regulations with the website’s coding. It seems they were cheap for a reason… This new one is an upgrade. It should no longer give the same errors. Let us know!

This is probably going to sound like a whole lot of jargon (like most of what I say) but anyway…

PHP (the programming language I use for web server-side coding) uses a module called eAccelerator. eAccelerator optimises loading time on PHP scripts by caching the script within the server RAM. This uses very very little memory, so little memory that this should never be a problem or impact the server in any sort of way. Unfortunately, the old web host being the budget host they are limited the amount of memory use to such a point that eAccelerator did not even have enough to start up. As this is web hosting and not a VPS/dedicated box, I do not have access to a file called php.ini which contains all the PHP settings such as the one that limits the memory.

500 Internal Server errors are caused by glitches/errors/problems server-side. Because eAccelerator is obviously server-side it caused the error redirection that you all saw. Our old host’s support team is lousy and take an unbelievably long time to respond to tickets so we simply switched (to a proper more expensive) host instead.

tldr: ran out of memory, caused 500 internal error, switched host.

wait so… is this now the 2nd change? like from the old pcb, to a new host about a week ago, to another new host as of today?

Yep

Yep. That’s it exactly. The host we moved to after the loss of our main one is the one that had the memory problems. Oddly enough, it seems that host was the same one that hosted our survival server pre-1.8 (our last one anyway). They can handle MC servers, but not a website?

Not sure if there is any more to add to that. Andy, you have the floor. Also, that jargon made sense to me. Nice explanation.