How to make a chest shop

This thread is to help you create chest shops. For a chest shop you will need 1 sign and 1 chest. The sign should be placed on top of the chest on the previous block.

The sign for your chest shop should be configured as follows:
LINE1: Your name
LINE2: Item quantity (how many you are selling each time someone clicks to buy)
LINE3: Buy quantity: Sell quantity - People Buying from you at: People Selling to you at
LINE4: Item ID or item name

Example: I want to sell 32 brick to people at 28, and let people sell to me 32 cobblestone at 18, i would put on the sign

ka_52
28:18
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Cobblestone

Edit by John: Changed ‘Brick’ in sign format to ‘Cobblestone’

-Additional Help-
You don’t need the username
skip that line, and it’ll fill in for you

To begin making a shop, as Ka has said, you place a chest, and then a sign above it. This will cost $100

If putting the item name seems not to work ,that’s because it requires a unique item ID, a further sign above describing the item to players will help.
Instead of the item name on the bottom line:
use the item ID’s found here: Item ID’s

Items likely effected by this are items with different variants, for example wool, or wood.

A good example is. Say you wanted to sell a Birch Sapling (that’s from the tree with the white trunk), then you would do your chest as follows (ignore the brackets)

Username
12 [or however many you want to sell in one go]
5 [cost to buy]
6:02 [Item name or reference number]

You can also allow players to sell you items,
This would work as follows

Username
[Cost to buy] 10:5 [Price a player can sell you the designated item for]
Item Name

-> If at any point you are unsure that your chest shop works correctly, ask a member of staff to test it for you <-

I’m having trouble with the sell thing. I just keep buying the item, and because of that, I’m broke =/ Help please?

Ferfer, good point buddy ^^ really helpful you said that actually lol, you click with the other mouse button to sell the item :slight_smile:

-I’ll hop on now and give you $100 because you didn’t know how it works, its not your fault :slight_smile: -

Also keep in mind that chest shops cost $100 to create. If you destroy your sign you will be given back the $100. This is to stop players from creating lots of chest shops everywhere.

Thanks for that ^^ hope this guide is ok :S

or gain tons of money and still do that…