Hardcore

That’s the point of a faction server though, it’s like DayZ except no zombies

Q_Q more to write with an unfinished plugin.

Tekkit also takes a lot more resources to run opposed to a basic hardcore.

PvP is slightly different than hardcore, but I agree. PvP is very fun when you get with people you know and mess around.

With the lives thing, I don’t know if thats correct, just remember it being an idea when hardcore was discussed a while back.

I just need the plugin to store who’s died in a database and keep them banned if their name is in there. I can deal with money and buybacks on the web side.

Essentially how we planned for it to work was that you can buy a life for _______ amount of money (it’s a lot, but I forgot the exact amount off the top of my head). You use the in-game money to buy back.
However, you can also donate real money to our server and receive in-game money to buy back. I believe the minimum donation amount was enough to buy back once.

As far as a tekkit server goes it would be awesome, if it was easier to download and use. I used to consider myself VERY good at downloading and installing MODS… But for some odd reason, I can’t get tekkit to save my ass, single player of multi version XD so maybe that wouldn’t be such a good idea… Just saying.

Download the tekkit launcher, you no longer have to mess around with files, it does it all for you. It also has a drop down list of other mod packs you can play (eg, tekkit, technic, yogbox, then there is also a vanilla setting.)

Oh good, should be finishing that soon then :smiley:

Awesome, hope to join hardcore soon. :smiley:

Guys, while I would personally prefer Tekkit, for the server as a whole, hardcore is the better option. With in-game money being able to buy lives, donations will (hopefully) increase which means less money having to come from spec’s pocket.

Funny, I know SpecialK was working on the hardcore server. I was on it after he made the spawn zone for it. I am not sure what the status is for it though. It think it was held back because there was/is a lot still to do for the website. I’m guessing that was just some testing Spec was doing back then. It’s been a month or more I think, since I was on it.

I think it’s because sip took a break from plugin creation for a few weeks.

Yea. I have to catch up on schoolwork over the summer before I can relax for a few days of my summer. I’m still trying to work on the plugin, building against 1.2.5 and hoping no errors for 1.3

hell, perhaps Special was waiting on the 1.3 update to do anything

He’s pretty busy now, in fact almost perfectly wrong timing from what I understand. Hardcore may be a fair bit out due to a few things needed/wanted.