Gigantic Freeway (For After the Reset)

Indeed. Having more than 5 might be a bit crazy, and you’ll find that you’ll want W/E for most of that if so, which in turn ruins the fun in building to begin with. I suggest three on each side being your goal, 6 total as then you won’t be over your head with all the work this will potentially take.

I’m going to make a model of 5-1 lanes each way and then I’ll start a poll on which one you guys like best. Also keep in mind that we can change the size of the road; it doesn’t have to be one amount of lanes throughout the entire thing. currently I have 5 and 4 lanes each way done and I just need to work on 3,2, and 1. You guys can continue to suggest ideas while I work on the models. :slight_smile:

Exactly, all stated above males sense. We are all tired of fully W/ed roads. Look at the ones on this map. They don’t have curves, they are ALL straight and on the same y level. I highly support the standard being 2-3 lanes each side.

Can we please NOT make highways right away? I get it, everyone wants to be connected, but this is how I see it. If you make a highway you’re asking for your city/town/establishment to be confined. Letting others build along your highway is going to limit you to how much space you’ll be able to expand your city to. By all means, sure designate a space for your highway and be somewhat prepared for expansion, but focus on building up your cities and towns. Think BIGGER and BETTER than the current map, trust me on this. Spend more time with your city than wasting your time with a highway. Besides, if you make a super massive highway right off the bat you’re gonna also be wasting land for other users that might find the land valuable.

I hope when you make your highways that they turn out well, that design is pretty basic, perhaps it will look better when actually on the map and there is landscape along it and such.

There are two solutions to what is stated above, the waste of land.

1. Don’t even make the highway
  2. Make most of it tunneled underground

Maybe make the highway of 2 lanes, so that will not waste a lot of land. Just from 3 to below.
Can I make for the highway a bridge if that goes to a lake or sea or a river?

A large Fili-style freeway (max. 10 lanes total) could be alright, as long as it’s in a city, the outskirts of one, or along a relatively short distance between cities. Otherwise, something like Route 66 (http://imgur.com/a/NgzOk) would be cool.

@Lyra_ciel Exactly what I’m thinking for the beginning of the server. I know now that It’s not gonna be a huge gigantic freeway the whole time, It’ll probably just get bigger as it approaches large cities. But yeah a route 66 type thing might be the best bet until cities get huge/ start popping up.

Route 66 style seems lit

My 0.2 cents: I am happy to volunteer by building a couple toll stations and petrol stations, that would be a small cool addition imo.

Even it being in a very parte city, I wouldn’t Support it being more than 3 lanes each way. It would look way too much agressive to the city and landscape and wouldn’t make more sense than just ocuppy space.

How about you wait for some cities to be built first as then there would actually be a reasoning behind the highway and a direction for it to go. Building a highway first just doesn’t make any sense.

couldn’t agree more. You should definately wait a few months, so cities become a little more developed, then we can make connections.

I’d also like to add that (won’t say anything specific) we have some really nice stuff in the works, and a highway cutting through the map wouldn’t look great

Hywel I tots agree.(I tought that was the plan)

Joe depends, highways can sometimes not look like a line of grey and white concrete if we put enough effort in them, we could maybe add some pre-made trees and add more small details that make it look more realistic and less like blocks put together, or we could make it look like route 66 (as Lyra previously said) and blend it in with the biomes around it in a smaller version of the planned giant highway.

For example: http://imgur.com/a/D2eLl

Exactly, that is something not to attempt. Srry Firi xd <3

I meant that as a positive example

Oh, I was thinking something like this: http://imgur.com/a/7OuFs

not like this: http://imgur.com/a/DKKDb

Mighty Fine example! i agree

I like this idea

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.