It’s contest time! As you know, the PCB Wiki is nowhere near comprehensive on current Creative 1.12 cities, and if there’s no page for your city, how will it be remembered? In an effort to catalog all cities on the 1.12 map, we’re hosting the First Annual Server-Wide PCB Creative 1.12 City Wiki Page Contest™! It couldn’t be any easier for you to enter this one, just create a page on the Wiki for your town, write a bit about it, and reply to this post with a link to the page! You can spend 10 minutes or 10 hours on the page, all entries will be considered.
- Contest runs from now until 10:00pm EST on July 15th
- To enter, simply reply to this thread with a link to the page(s) you’ve made
- Your article must be in the “Creative 1.12 Towns” category
- Pages will be “graded” by MrMuffinFish, and the five players with the highest cumulative score will go further to whole-staff review and voting
- Existing wiki pages are eligible for entry if at least one new, substantive edit is made
- Forum badges for the top 3 pages
- First prize gets a wiki page all about you and your win!
- Other prizes TBA
How to have a high scoring page:
- Include images and other visual aids for your city!
- Write objectively, like a historian would.
- Be creative! Include lore, history, geography, maps, surveys, census data, you name it: the more detail, the better. Make a video even. Some music. Multiple interconnected pages? Idk, go nuts.
- Full rubric here
Help and tips:
- Look at existing Wikipedia pages for real life cities like Houston or Los Angeles for inspiration!
- Use this link (https://wiki.projectcitybuild.com/wiki/Special:Upload) to upload photos! (follow the instructions at the top of the page to include a file in a page)
- Create an article using the tool under the “Create an Article” heading on the main page (https://wiki.projectcitybuild.com/wiki/Welcome_to_PCB_Wiki)
- To add your page to the list of Towns, click the three-lined icon on the toolbar in the top right, select “Categories”, and begin typing “Creative 1.12 Towns” in the “Add a category field”. Select “Creative 1.12 Towns” and save changes: your page is now categorized and easy to access!
Note: If you have multiple cities, you can (and should!) create multiple pages! Scores will be cumulative, but to keep everything fair, scoring for multiple cities will go like this:
(First city’s score) + (Second city’s score)/2 + (Third city’s score)/3 +… etc.