Creative Realm: /Gamemode

Hello PCB,

I’ve decided to revive this thread with a fresh new thread open to new discussion and hopefully improved from in game discussions. The first time I suggested this can be found here: Gamemode Control In The Creative Realm. Additionally I’m making a new thread since the previous has basically been put in the file cabinet. Now with all that out of the way lets get on with the discussion.

A command that I believe is simple not only to use but to allow, and can prove to be very useful is actually a vanilla command. This being “/Gamemode”. A step by step guide as to what the command is and how to use it follows, https://www.digminecraft.com/game_commands/gamemode_command.php.

There are four states you can be in while in minecraft: Survival, Creative, Adventure, and Spectator mode. And there are few differences between the modes of which I have listed below:

Survival

• Limits
    •Player cannot cross through physical boundaries
    •Player (without /fly) is limited to travel on the ground
    •Player is limited to what blocks are in their inventory

• Freedoms
    •Player can succumb to damage (making survival creations possible to play correctly)
    •Player can edit blocks

Creative

• Limits
    Player is limited to creative mode in the Creative Realm as of present PCB
    •Player is invulnerable to damage

• Freedoms
    •Player has access to the entire block inventory as allowed
    •Player can edit blocks
    •Player can fly or walk for mobility

Adventure

• Limits
    •Player cannot edit blocks (can toggle entities: Redstone, Item Frames, etc)
    •Player (without /fly) is limited to travel on the ground
    •Player is limited to what blocks are in their inventory

• Freedoms
    •Player can succumb to damage
    •Player can toggle entities as mentioned above

Spectator

• Limits
    •Player cannot edit blocks
    •Player has no physical appearance to members outside of spectator mode (but in theory should be visible on dynamap and to staff members as is possible on many other minecraft servers)

• Freedoms
    •Player can pass through and see through physical blocks
    •Player can fly literally wherever they want
    •Player has access to the entire block inventory as allowed

Reasons to add this permission to Members

In the creative world there is a vast variety of cities, single builds, and projects. Some of which are built to be explored/viewed in Survival (and or Adventure) mode. So by adding this permission these attractions can be viewed and explored properly, giving members who do so the best experience that vanilla allows. My reasoning for spectator to be allowed however, is for those who are planning projects on vast scales. Spectator would allow for members to get the exact point they need through rough terrain and or under ground to be at, in order to accurately plan things such as: Tunnels, Wire Framing, Roadways, and the list goes on.

This command is already in the game since its vanilla, all thats needed is permissions which seem to be a simple thing to grant players.

Questions previously brought into mind

1. What happens when someone death spams
    • There could be a new rule added that gives staff the power to enforce a punishment on those who spam the chat with death messages. To either in the least offense result in a warning or kick. Or if the staff decides is necessary, to rule a ban on the player.

No other questions have been asked yet.

Please leave your constructive feedback.

We are talking about the creative world here - if people want to role play/explore on the ground you are welcome to recommend that to them. Adding /gamemode adds literally no value to the game. If a player wants to explore in a survival-ly way, they can do that by turning /fly off in Creative.

The only reason we would consider allowing gamemode changing is if it adds something of value, and right now, /gamemode does not.

Denied, locked.