Compromise Rail

EDIT: The whole post’s changed so it’s more compatible with the next PCBT track.

Basically, the idea is to have a realistic (5-wide so that it fits with PCBT) (if 5m wide can be called realistic) track. and then a third rail to the side on which a minecart can travel. The third rail should be placed such that the rider can get a view of the city or countryside.

Here’s a picture of what it could look like although the actual thing will be 1 wider:

Spoiler

Stations would have the large trains, and then the third rail would enter the train (probably through a door on the other side to the platform) and the train would act as a minecart station.

Junctions would work as normal, just with the third rail on it.

Because people will actually be travelling in it, the surroundings should be scenic, and thus I think long tunnels, though more convenient, would be less appropriate for this.

Well, I have already made up templates along with Wairoa for PCBT rail trains, tunnels, bridges, above ground rails and trains/carriages. I’m happy for you to include an electrified 3rd rail if you like. Essentially it’s the city owners choice what they use and they don’t have to use either, but using the standards Wairoa and I have picked should ensure that all rail lines in creative are high quality and look nice.

Note: Trains are double decker

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

With third rail?

Spoiler

dont forget my Thomas the Tank Engine variant

Thomas the *Dank Engine

Thanks Mannriah for the info!

I feel that I should make it clear that I’m not lobbying for PCBT to change, and that this will most likely remain an alternative option / addon to PCBT rail.

It would be nice however for CompRail to remain compatible with both PCBT and noobRail

[hr]

Two changes I’d like to make to Mann’s third rail suggestion.

The first is that I think the third rail should be raised in order to provide a better view for the one travelling by minecart.

The second, is that I think the outside of the track should be favoured for the third rail. However if there are three tracks, or not enough space (e.g. in a station), then inside would be fine.

Spoiler

EDIT: I realise now that the track is actually 5 wide, however image doesn’t change much.

The reason for these changes is that I think it should look nice from the perspective of the traveller. No-one wants to look at the same thing for minutes as they travel between towns.

[hr]

plz dont ruin my childhood ;(