Colored Water Bottles

So I know NBT items are banned on PCB, but here’s a cool item I can suggest. The colored water bottle with 2 NBTs one describes its potion effect, which it won’t have one, and just look like a normal water bottle but differently colored. The other describes its hex color. These are only obtainable through give commands, but I think they’d be a really cool item to make legal in creative. The drink kind of looks like soda, or juice or some sort of drink. theendofracism (A black and white water bottle[you can not see the enchantment effect so it has no effects]) -F1nly

Some rules, like those regarding land claims and NBT items, are really hard to articulate in an all-encompassing but concise manner. Fortunately or unfortunately for me, those are the two rules I’ve helped edit the most.

With NBT items, the rule is

Unfair advantage - Do not use anything that give you an unfair advantage. This includes (but may not be limited to):

• Creating or obtaining anything in single player or another server that you cannot create / obtain on Project City Build and bringing it to this server (including saved toolbars added in 1.12). E.g. items or blocks with NBT that can harm others, items or blocks with NBT that gives an advantage over others (speed, jumping, etc).

Based on the way that rule is written, colored water bottles would technically be banned, but personally, I don’t have an issue with them being used on the server, so long as there is no potion effect applied. Above, I’ve bolded the part of the rule that I think is most important. NBT items like spammy fireworks, over-enchanted armor, or glitched shulker boxes are the items we take issue with. Things like over-patterned banners and hex-colored leather armor — things that are purely aesthetic — shouldn’t be an issue.

So long as someone else higher up thinks along these same lines, I have no issues with colored water bottles being used in Creative. I just wanna make sure I’m not deciding unilaterally apart from the general consensus.

2 Likes

I agree, NBT items that have a purely asthetic value without afecting server performance are generally be okay.

Accepted.

2 Likes