Closed

[size=36pt]OFFICIAL PCB OLYMPICS THREAD

Hello Minecrafters,

As you may know, we tried to do the Olympics several months ago. Then the map was reset, and staff never moved the stuff to the new map, making the project completely forgotten. So we are starting fresh. I don't know when the event will be, but i know where. The event will take place in Brackley, for events that can be done in creative, and in Halcyon, for events that must be done in survival. I have just started organizing this "Olympics 2.0" and so it may not be clear yet everything I plan. Also, I will be the Project manager, but i will probably have somebody else run the event itself and i will just supervise. Because of that, another staff takeover of the project is not necessary. Construction of the project will not begin for a little bit, as i am still planning. Let me know about questions, concerns and complaints.

Ooh! I’d like to have some sort of job in charge of managing builds or build quality. I’d also be happy to take lead on the Olympic Village or any other builds we may need.

One thing I enjoy about the Olympics is the fact that there isn’t one main stadium, but multiple locations where the events take place. it would be cool of we could do something like that. I am willing I devote my building I this project; I endorsed it since Day 1.

If you need to contact me, as always, feel free to message me in game or PM me here on the forums

I can contribute by building:

A swimming pool area/stadium

A wrestling ring

I was wondering what happened to the old Olympics

I want to be a big sponsor for it! :smiley: I will be sending 1,000 to Lego to help fund this event :slight_smile:
Company name: FMC Technologies
Company Owner: The_Jacob
:slight_smile:

Looks like we’ll see a return of the YouTube series too!

I would love to help with it!

I’m pretty good at redstone:

Spoiler

To clear things up, we will do what we did last time. We will have one stadium, and we will have plots with games in them World edited into the stadium. The only exception is games that must be done in survival. And it would be great if we could use twans’ Colosseum

Sure I’ll help! :slight_smile:
Any set deadline?

I can also help with funding, sponsorship and advertising. (:

We havent started construction yet, but i will need staff to help me make the plots.

I’d be happy to start working on the project whenever you’d like. As I said, I can do any sort of build management, organization, or quality control you need.

We now have a warp! /warp Olympics
It is a temporary warp, until the event is over, and has been approved by staff even though it is near Brackley’s warp.
We needed this to make sure people get to the exact location we need them.

[size=18pt]***PLEASE NOTE: CONSTRUCTION IS ONLY ALLOWED ON YELLOW PLOTS!***

I start my break between semesters next Wednesday, and it’ll last a good four weeks. I’d be willing to assist with things then. I’m not the best building from scratch with these sorts of things, but I’d be willing to chip in with finishing builds, or minimally using W/E when absolutely necessary.

Regardless of how much help I give, I wish you the best of luck in getting this started again.

I have built my old stage in the previous map. ._. But, I will make a similar design in your new Olympics when plots will be open. P.S. I watched all of the Olympics videos. They’re interesting, but it didn’t cover all the games.

[size=14pt]Remember these! :smiley:

[youtube]3DcFgVi5HcQ[/youtube] [youtube]mvyG_BVR6Xo[/youtube]

yes, and we should build basketball again. When i finish the building requirements.

Why don’t we take advantage of the huge mess that is PCB nations. We could do the teams as team Lucite, team 6th, team cuacamonga (i don’t think i spelt that right) etc.

I don’t know what PCB nations is, but i was planning on there not being teams or countries, but just individual players. However, i might change this.

If this does happen count me in as…

None of the above!

Can I just help build the stadium/games, and sell tickets maybe?

O.K. Guys, slow down. We are still planning how the construction will work, don’t get too far ahead of us! :wink:

I wish i haven’t offended anyone.

-lego