Classic server Hunger Games #1!!!!!

aughh i hate it. people stop registering. maybe in game registering is more effective?

Is registering even needed? I get why you would want people to say if they could be there or not, but registering sounds like more of a commitment.

Also, at the moment, many people may have no idea what their plans are on that day. The 28th is still uncertain for me at least. I am always around from 10 pm to 8 am every day. This is in PST though, so it often does not match with others times well. When I head to bed, I see people joining…

NEWS ANNOUCEMENT!!!

Players who Register get to use /static added with /missile! instead of a straight line with /gun you can use /missile. the missile hits on whatever you point at with your mouse. Its everlasting until it hits a solid object.

OK guys The Games Will Start Today at 7:00 Eastern time and may the odds be Ever in your favor.

Please start saying if you mean AM or PM!

Edit: I just checked and it is 9:35 est right now. Can I assume you mean PM then?
I believe this means 4pm my time. I might be able to visit then, but not likely going to stay.

I changed the /gun command for now.

This has given me an idea… Would it be possible to add a forum thingy which autocorrects a set time to your timezone?
so like you could write […time]7pm gmt[/…time] and it would edit it accordingly for each player with their timezone labelled.

EDIT: huh, apparently time already exists :stuck_out_tongue:
[time]1351440000[/time]
I put 7pm there. tell me if it changes that for you.

It says

Today at 08:00:00 pm

for me.
Perhaps because clocks went back today?

The “thingy” would be a bbcode

yeah probably

Im testing the games. Anyone is welcome to come. only ops can go to the map so guests wont be able to come until the games begin[size=78%].

FIVE MINUTES BEFORE OFFICIAL HUNGER GAMES!!!

Ruby, your time looks like 10 to me. I assume this means it is working. We just need to learn to use it!

I’m checking classic now, but don’t see many people on.

Edit: I see you were on 5 minutes early for the games. I joined 5 minutes late. So are the games canceled due to lack of participation? I wanted to see it!

Cool. I might even come on gasp

I suggest if you have more time during the week (like me) than on the weekend, ask around and see if there is anyone able to help set up and/or participate.

So was this Hunger Games a bust too?

I think better organisation of times might be better. Reading back on the thread, you just said
“7:00”, then didn’t mention AM or PM either. If you want a successful event, use detailed posts with times, dates, AM/PM, timezone, and anything else that might be useful for people to know. Apart from that, it has been organised well, thats the only fault I can see with it.

sadly my computer cant handle minecraft. it CRASHED when everyone was just joining the map. guess i cant handle it. may need a new computer or upgrade my old one or something. srry for the inconveince but im sure it WILL work saturday. i dont know the times but it will probably be the same. further information will be known. if im not there at the time have a op be a host :stuck_out_tongue: and this time i will use PM/AM