AirstarAirways - 11th of January, 2016

Hello,
With regards to the autoclicker, multiple staff in-game have okay-ed its use. Plus, if it isnt used in survival, what’s the problem? Its not fair? Life isnt fair!
Regarding hacks, I dont know. All I can say is, from what I have seen Airstar has only done good with what he uses. An autoclicker does no harm.

Please refrain from posting in an appeal unless you are in some way involved

I feel that I am involved.
For starters, I was there for several of the previous bans.
Secondly, I am usually in Airstar’s general vicinity (In NH)
Despite the fact that I was not on the moment of the ban I feel I have seen enough to know the autoclicker was approved by at least one staff member. 99% likely more than one.

Well here goes,

People don’t seem to understand why I constantly use the autoclicker to build. It’s not to outdo anyone’s builds, but just for me to be able to build at a faster rate so that I don’t waste hours on end on a short stretch of road/highway.

I enjoy building on PCB, but my works just aren’t appreciated. The end justifies the means. That is, my builds, as magnificent or ugly as they may be, should be viewed as artwork and the autoclicking or faster building shouldn’t be criticized. I just enjoy playing Minecraft - I’m not here to outdo anyone else. I play on PCB because I enjoy the community and the surrounding builds. PCB helps me visualize real-world architecture, artwork, etc. in a block game in a way I personally couldn’t have imagined. I hope you understand that I cannot stress enough how much I care whether I am part of this community or not. Everyday, I look forward to spending time on the server from the moment I wake up. It’s not just a passion anymore, it’s an obsession.

When I use these methods of faster building, it’s because I want to finish the projects I’ve layed forth for myself. I have no malicious intent towards the server, it’s community, or anything related to PCB’s network.

I just want to play and contribute to PCB and allow others to see my builds and for me to see others’ builds.

Please, I just love PCB. I mean no harm.

auto clickers by a vast majority of staff are seen as an unfair advantage to other users as tools such as World Edit is strictly limited and an auto clicker is not far off being similar to World Edit.

What i want to know is why did you abuse the extra chances to redeem yourself that my colleagues on the staff team had granted you and why did you ignore staff instruction on several occassions. Please explain

I abused the extra chances because I want to finish that damn highway that I’ve been trying to finish since the dawn of time. I use the “unfair advantages” because I don’t want to constantly bother staff. I used to constantly ask for Worldedit favors - to the extent that staff got tired of helping me with Worldedit. I took matters into my own hands and downloaded the autoclicker to speed things up. I never imagined that it would backfire to this degree.

Just tell me, what would you like me to do from this point onwards?

I personally don’t want to see you unbanned due to the abuse of the extra chances we have given you and sheer ignorance shown by not following a simple instruction. But seeing as I wasn’t the one who banned you and all I have done is inspect every detail of the case and finally get to the main point I think this is up for a staff discussion to decided your fate.

If for some miracle on your part that you are unbanned, I DO NOT want to see you using an auto clicker again on this server and this is what I believe will be your final chance so DO NOT fuck up, otherwise you might as well move into a little shack in the middle of Mexico and change your name to Juan because in the words of Liam Neeson “I will find you and I will kill you.”

I don’t think you deserve any more chances. You were asked to stop using it, banned for using it, and unbanned on the condition you didn’t use it. You could have respected staff decisions on you not using it, but you neglected our requests.

To be frank, we can’t care any less if you wanted to “finish that damned highway”. You were given many chances, and still refused to cooperate.

If there were a vote involved here, I would vote to leave the ban in place due to disrespect and a generally poor attitude about the situation and in general.

I am on AirStar’s side on this one. He asked to be allowed to use the auto clicker, and I clearly agreed, and said yes. This has been explained to nearly all staff. I am disappointed in how this is panning out, and quite frankly, disappointed in staff for their willingness to listen to reason in this case. >:(

I have also found NO evidence via the forums or in-game of AirStar being rude or sassy, in fact, it seems the other way around.

The nuke mod was NOT used during the last server crash. I had just teleported away from him, and he was in no way using a hacked client. The group decision to ban is a group decision, and I must abide by it.

Yea, but you did this after I asked him not to, which kind of undermined me. Nothing against you or anything madant I respect that you made the decision based on what you felt was right, I just feel like he was gaining an advantage by using these tools, and he went behind my back after making an agreement with me not to use them. In my eyes, he breached the contract he made with me and I could rebar him anyway.

He shouldn’t have come to you about it as I’d already given him an answer. This is a situation exactly like where a kid doesn’t get what they want from one parent, so they go and ask the other to try and get a different answer because they weren’t happy with what they were told.

Airstar clearly can’t be trusted after being told not to do something numerous times.

I actually went to him after he was unbanned and asked him to show me what he had been using, as I was as confused as he was. He did not seek me out. After he had shown me the auto clicker, I felt that it was ok, and continued to use it. I provided the link to where we were permitted to use the autoclicker mod from a member of an admin. I apologize if you felt I had undermined you, as that is exactly how this is put forth at the moment, as my decicision is also being undermined.

Mannriah, I did not go behind your back. I don’t intend to disrespect you. Twan banned me later that evening, and it was Madant’s decision to unban me. I explained to him that I was using the autoclicker, as he asked me about it. After a fairly long conversation with Madant, he cleared me to use it. Under the agreement we had, I would stop using it until further notice, which was granted by Madant as he declared that there was no harm.

I actually went to him after he was unbanned and asked him to show me what he had been using, as I was as confused as he was. He did not seek me out. After he had shown me the auto clicker, I felt that it was ok, and continued to use it.

@madant79 , I’m sorry for putting you in to this position. I should’ve listened to you and made a post that night you told me to. Apologies for the inconvenience I’m causing you and others.

It really seems like this is a big overreaction on both sides.
Also, the whole conversation about Madant approving the use of the autoclicker could have been had hours ago granted some of you had not ignored me on that front.
I see that I have two warnings for posting on this thread. I would like to point out that what I had to say was relevant, just not in the eyes of those who listened.
Do what you will,
-M

You were not ignored, some of us live in different time zones and were asleep while this has developed, so no, it could not have been had hours ago.

And what of those who responded minutes later? And what about the one instance where someone actually deleted my post?

@TheKingOfSweden I am going to make this loud and clear, all your posts so far haven’t contributed anything new. Some staff use an autoclicker, we know about it and quite frankly your deleted post was no different, it didn’t contribute anything. As to your reasoning of being involved there is only one thing i have left out and that is you are in his local vicinity? Who cares.

I don’t mean this to be demeaning but please can you not feel the need to post on everything. You do not need to reply to this: if you have any queries just pm me on forums or in-game.

its not only about the autoclicker . i have seen you using nuker to clear some lands for the highway which was the reason for lag everytime i tp to you , and i even checked myself for logs which was really surprising that all the blocks around the area where destroyed at the same time . i am really disappointed that you haven’t mentioned in your ban appeal that you have been using nuker . from my side ,i really dont trust you anymore and i would vote to keep you banned

This is why I was not hesitant to re-ban Airstar in the first place. He was going against the order, and the group of us watched him do it. I will admit that perhaps I was wrong about the client hack producing lag and I will admit I was very hard on air about this, but the fact of the matter is I kicked him firstly to turn that hack off so that he could follow the contract with VRA. Upon realizing that he was going to continue to disobey the order and try to play it cool by involving Mad (who wasnt involved in your first ban appeal) it was then that the group of us staff online all agreed that it was not worth the trouble to allow you to continue and thus resulting in this current ban. I do not have a problem with this client hack as much as I do with obeying a Staff’s order which is what this ban appeal has turned into.

I am very sorry AirStar, but the staff have spoken. Unfortunately you will have to stay banned. Please for your sake do not post anything on the forums that can incriminate you further. I hope to meet you again in a different forum.

Ciao

Banned. Locked.