Adding towny ???

I’m here to tell you about an idea that I’ve been thinking of for a while . I don’t know if its been requested before, but, I thought, if there’s enough interest, maybe it can be implemented.

what is towny?
Towny is a plugin for a Bukkit modded Minecraft server. The plugin itself is a manager for a Resident-Town-Nation hierarchy, as well as a block permission manager for a grid-like protection system. Each town has a mayor, while a nation has a king. They both have their own assistants to help run their respective people. Players can also purchase land from the town, as well as an optional daily tax set by the mayor. The player can allow his friends from out of town to build on his land when even his very own town’s people can’t build if he so wishes.

why should we add towny?
Towny is a great community feeling when you can create towns with your friends. You need a lot of strategies to make your town keep running which makes the gamemode quite a challenge.There’s a lot of building in it, you can build your town in so many different ways and it’s really funny to see how different towns are built up in different ways. I have played a lot of Towny and it’s my favorite gamemode. I’ve seen small towns grow into huge cities, and I’ve had so many fun times playing this gamemode. And, like all new additions, towny will attract many new players to the server which is good for everyone.

note : towny can anti-raiding/griefing .

Thanks for your consideration on this topic

i like this idea but i wish it could happen :’(

the only thing this will created is trouble, between people. staff will need to fix more stuff.
we need to update stuff. people won’t always understand how it works so it needs to explained 500 times.
people are in multiple towns and ever new person that joins will need to get permissions etc.
so.
-Too much unneeded work for staff.
-to much of a hassle.

Why change something that works fine?
this server is extremely open which creates this feeling of freedom and security. if we’d use towny i think the overall feeling of the community will drop to those other server who all have that. no personality.
and our system against griefing is good atm with rollback etc.

little towns growing into cities and how they are build can also do without towny. it is just how the owner works with it

that’s my opinion

if there is anti-raiding/griefing there will not be harm on any player

plus its something new and probably this server haven’t had it before . so why dont we try something new ? :slight_smile:

We want to keep survival as vanilla as possible. The changes (deathchests, flight) we have made are very slight, and don’t affect the majority of the game.
We also want to keep building as simple as just finding a spot. In my experience, things like Towny overcomplicate the game, as not everyone understands how it works.

I have also brought this idea forward. I think it would be a great addition to the server, however, as staff, I know I am alone on that thought :slight_smile:

finally someones agrees with me XD ;D ;D

Still this.

Also, can’t you guys do all of this without the plugin? I looked into it and it seems feasible without an unnecessary plugin.

Isn’t the fact that PCB doesn’t have one what sets it apart from other servers…

I believe building is also a key feature of a game called M̴̡̡̺͍̻̳͈̦͓̪i̵̡̱͎̠̲͇̲̮͕ͅn̸̨͇̼̭̟̠͉͉̜̱e̵̢͍̺͖̬͍̟̳̥͙c̷̢̢̧̼͎̣̜̗̬̼r̴̡̹̩̭̰͙͉̲̖͜ạ̵̣̠̣̬͈̳̹͎͈f̴̡̙̹͍̗̺̳̫͚̠ṱ̴̢͔̬̺̞̠̫̬̣

Before PCB I had been a part of other servers about the same size as our daily online population. One thing I recalled about Towny that i didnt like was that prefixes got in the way of ranks and literally all it was doing was making this massive popularity contest that turned into rage and hate towards other peoples areas. Also Im sure it’s fixed now, but I absolutely hated that when there was wars and one side loss, literally all of their shit would be auto-rollbacked or claimed by the winning side.

I don’t support having this plugin because I am content with the peace on our server and I’m not looking forward to any wrongs that easily could come from having Towny. Besides, its not like we have a lot of people playing on Survival anyway. I would think most people use Creative these days. With that said, we don’t have a huge involvement in Survival so why bother and go through the trouble.

I like the idea of having your own protected town. But, this could be used on a neighboring town that hasn’t yet used it. This could lead to that town being controlled by the player that isn’t a mayor of the town, and leave the mayor of that town to not build in it (It has anti-griefing, and the mayor decides on who builds in the town). If Prince is correct, I would disagree on having the towny mod. It would create tension on connected towns, and it would be too confusing on new guests, and members of PCB.

This is a good idea. Towny can be used for automatic real estate, meaning people can buy shops, plots, and apartments at any point in time. Towny can also be used for taxing the hell out of your friends. This plus the stock market plug in would be fun.

This hasn’t been posted in in a while. Please don’t necro.

I think the ultimate staff decision on this matter is a no for now. Thank you for your suggestion!

~Amphi