Adding Quality to the Req's for a Warp

Theres mixed feelings on this but I think we should factor in quality to the Req’s for a warp.
Don’t get me wrong I don’t mean WoK crazy realism yadda yadda quailty but just some level of a quality check. Some will say that its unfair to do that as it hurts warp chances to those who don’t build well. I mean, all of us had to start somewhere right? We can give tips on how to improve their skills and generally start making things look nicer. This will stop the spread of cookie cutter towns and general eyesores from getting approved, and hopefully attract some more skilled builders to PCB.

Thoughts?

-Vex

Yesss please

This doesn’t prevent people from building, it just makes sure that the warp accessible warps have a certain level of quality to them!
No longer will the Treetop Towns of the world dominate the warp menu! (No offense to the builders of course)

We already do require a certain quality, it’s in the rules:

Yeah, this is something most of us already do, and if we don’t, should be doing.

If I deny a warp on basis of quality, I do try and provide some insight as to where things can be improved, and I urge my fellow staff members to do the same. We should all know what looks good and what doesn’t.

@Mannriah

Ah well apparently I haven’t done my homework on the matter lmao

Perhaps we could have some sort of standard on quality for staff to base things off of?

It might be a bit hard to create a standard to base quality off as everyone here is an individual with their own tastes and preferences. One person might like the quality of town while others will not. Just base it on a standard for yourself, and give them advice on how to improve if it doesn’t meet your standard.
There’s a high chance that once all three staff approve a warp that it is of high quality, as long as staff consider quality during warp applications.

I think this is great idea seen that last map there were warps for some towns that imo didnt deserve it (lack of quality, a lot of uncompleted builds, no details, no depth in build, small choice of materials, etc.) I think this would be great and would make players learn how to build very detailed and varied builds. In my opinion if a staff approved a warp it means that the player knows he is building very good, so he will keep up the same quality of builds. This is my 10 microcents. :3

-Dan

The really crappy towns I see get warps on this server really bug me at times, we should have higher standards for things that have warps. People won’t get any better at building if we don’t have people leading by example…

There already is a requirement for warps to have a level of quality, not sure how many people actually realise this. I’m not really sure where this thread is going, the only thing we don’t have in this regard is a step by step guide for staff to judge quality. This thread has definitely brought to our attention that we might need to up our game when it comes to judging warps.