Abandoned World: World Download Challenges

The world map for creative 1.7 has been up for some time now, but there’s never been much reason to go on it. Maybe you could finish that big build you were in the middle of, but who’s going to know?
I now present a reason for you to revisit the old map (if you don’t have internet or something).

Setup: Open up cheats more, /time set 0. Change difficulty to easy or normal (hard will be literally impossible)

Act One: Lone Survivor.
You awake in a suspiciously flat field. Nobody is there, although you can glimpse the shadows of civilisation not too far in the distance. You decide to head towards said civilisation, to see if you can glean any answers.
Upon arrival, you notice the obvious and severe lack of anyone around. And what’s more, hungry is starting to strike. There are some cakes scattered around the city, but nothing to keep you full for long. Vague, fleeting memories return regarding some sort of food warehouse in Renkou (人口) but they vanish back into the ether before anything more can be ascertained. You decide it would be a good idea to go there. You can go over land, but Renkou is an island city so it would be very easy to get lost at sea. Alternatively, your scattered recollections of the subway system would aid you going underground, assuming the electricity is still on. However the low light there would be prime location for god knows what to spawn. Ultimately, it’s your decision, but the wrong one may very well lead to your demise.

Goal: Reach the Urban Farm in Renkou (-5630/-1550)
Par Time: 7 days (Gold Time: 5 days)

Act Two: Doomsday Prepping.
Upon arrival in the Urban Farm, you salivate at the sheer volume of food ripe for the picking. A quick scan of the island told you that apart from randomized monsters, it is completely uninhabited. After cleaning out the farm, and replanting what there is, you notice a small scrap of paper: a receipt of a contract between the farm and one “Union Bunker.” It is rather obvious what has happened - some form of bunker had been created in some form of place called Union, and they were preparing for all types of disaster by stocking up on food. If there’s anywhere people would be, it would be there. Living without social consequences has been a blast, but loneliness is beginning to sink in.

Goal: Reach the Union Bunker in Union City (I forgot the coords)
Par Time: 10 days (Gold Time: 6 days)

Please post how long (in MC days) it took you to arrive at the specified location. The second at will be posted when and if this gets response.

Not going to lie, this sounds amazing. Exploring the Acra City/Empire area, exploring the ruins of a once great city. Walking south to the City of Stars, eventually to Union Bay. Sounds really cool.

I’ve tried this out :slight_smile: Been having a lot of fun.
I thought of a cool challenge as well such as collecting as many different types of banners as possible.

So far I came across a house and pillaged most of it’s resources, to find that half of it was burning down behind of me due to a fireplace that was built without the worries of fire spreading.

I’ve climbed up to this random monorail/railway thingy but there’s no carts so I’m just going North till I find something interesting to stop. :slight_smile:

If you are at Acra City, you should go to downtown, and check out my building with a giant “J” on the glass near the top. It has an interior, and a nice view.

The City of Stars has a bunker somewhere loaded with things. I made it because we were pretending that there was a war. If I figure out how to download the map, that’s where Im heading, then Ill explore. This whole thing reminds me of the Fallout series.

Yes this will be the next act. Drafting now.

I would love to make an adventure map out of this, but I couldn’t find anything without the dynamap. I’ll try making it from your acts one and two, see how it turns out.

The 5th creative map is a complete mess, I give up…