A New Creative.

With the ever growing population of PCB, a new problem has been presented in the Creative world.

Land.

With the messy terrain we have on our map that’s full of mountains and trees, one can ask: where can I build? And this question has been popping up multiple times. The current world’s good flat areas have already been taken up by the cities that decided to build there, and others by people building a tiny road and calling it a day causing other people not being allowed to use this area. This has become a serious issue now and is also preventing expansion in the growing cities.
But I am not coming to suggestions to rant about a problem, no. I have an idea.
My suggestion is to create a new world, without removing previous work. A “new creative, old creative” or “creative 1, creative 2” type system.
This new world could be the following things:

• Cleaner, all the old left over things that aren’t being used can finally dissapear with people being encouraged to create larger and better things in our new world.
  • Flatter. A LOT FLATTER. A new world generator is seriously recommended, it’s hard to create nice cities when you have giant mountains, with alot of trees, tree mountains.
  • A good spot for the new PCB members. PCB is continuing to gain members, and a new map could give them a world to build. The older members have created many things, we should give room to those willing to add to the community.

I really think this would help benefit the members of PCB and would give people the new fresh start they need with alot more room for potential. Please consider this and if it’s not viable, consider the alternatives.

I do like this idea a lot. Perhaps there could be a better system in place to help guests understand how our creative worlds look.

I think the current terrain gen plugin can be tweaked a bit to make the biomes a little easier to work with as well so it’s certainly viable.

Maybe adding an opinion poll would help get an understanding of how many people feel this way as well. If people want easier terrain to build upon we should look into it for sure.

I like the reasoning behind the idea, but unfortunately this splitting of active players into different worlds to me would break immersion with things like lore and player interaction. I for one am glad that more people are communicating between city projects and would hate to see maps divided and confound things like nations, etc.

What if instead there was more focus on multiple people per city (incentives), and an inactivity requirement where towns/builds that have been inactive for too long begin to lose surrounding expansion rights unless posted in the absence thread? That way inactive land can be recycled for new players and still be close enough to others to make the map feel like an actual populated continent.

We could also host w/e events that can flatten large amounts of land for development. Just a thought.

I can assure you that lore and immersion would still exist. What is most likely to happen is that people would just port their old nations to the new map and just make their new nation fancier.

People per city is difficult since many people will love to help with other cities already but still want to work on their own.

The last idea can’t really happen as it’s in violation of the rules.

I’d rather see an entire map reset in the not-to-distant future, maybe mid-2019. Rather than the broken shards of biomes we have now, that are really aesthetically unpleasing, perhaps we could do continents with chains of archipelago around the place. I mean, look at the live map. The map doesn’t even resemble a continent, more like some stained glass. But if we made a continental map with more fluid biomes and flatter terrain, you’d likely get more buildable area our of less space. That’s my idea at least.

This is what I am striving for. But I’m not asking for a reset now just a creation of a new world now as the current world is unwelcoming to new people on the server. If we had a creative 1 and creative 2 it would give new players a chance to start out on PCB

To be honest, this would be great, however when you all mentioned the lack of land

The problem is that players don’t have the capability of /tppos. People will just warp to a city and then build maybe 500 blocks away from it and then expand towards the other city, causing a problem. Though this idea is great and I absolutely agree with it, there is a lot of free space on our map, we just need to find something that could make the accessibility to the lands easier, whether it be to implement the tppos command to members or something else. Though, a second creative map would be great, our creative map at the moment is expanding rapidly, but people tend to avoid all the mountains and other rocky terrains. I’d agree with this idea, because it would allow for a flatter land that people tend to like better, and continents would look awesome. Then again this is just my opinion, but then again, we don’t really have the players on at the same time for two creative maps, at max we usually have 12-13 spread among the current worlds, and at minimum we have 4. If there was a way to expand the current creative world I’d say go for it, but most likely as there is not, I’d suggest just waiting for the next reset for this.

The lack of land here is because of the custom tree generation in these areas cause very large trees that are hard to remove and become an obstacle for building, not only that, but building in those areas is difficult if you’d like to expand as other people have placed their few blocks and claimed the area around them preventing new people from going into those areas

I think that having two simultaneous creative maps would divide the community too much, we like interaction and players working together. I think we should reset the map in the future (as we traditionally do every 2 or so years) making changes to the custom settings. Generally, we extend the map borders until we decide a hard reset is necessary. Players tend to build in flat plains, causing those biomes to be harder and harder to build in as the map ages, meanwhile vast areas of mountains, snow, desert and mesa biomes go untouched from the day the map is released to the day it resets. The solution to this is to increase the frequency of flatter, greener biomes when we reset again. We currently have no plans to wipe the map at the moment, but suggestions will always be considered and possibly used when the day does come.