A light source plugin.

Minecraft has had a long history of having lights that are, quite frankly, ugly as hell.
My proposal is that we get either a plugin that adds invisible light sources or that lets us assign blocks on our builds a light source.
This would allow builders to use ice, glass, and even solid blocks to simulate chandeliers and lamps without dealing with glowstone, which looks like nuclear waste or sea lanterns which appear to have come out of the hood.

Thanks for reading,
John

If you can suggest a plugin that’d be great. However, when I have looked in the past, none have been suitable from what I’ve found.

I love the idea! Glowstones and torches can be unsightly at times

I love the vocab used for the poor glowstone, but I totally agree…

Is spigotmc.org the correct site that we get plugins from? If so, I found a couple on there that might work from just googling for light source plugins. AddLight seems pretty good; works with both holding glowstone dust or using world edit, the page linked has videos for the use of both. You can set the light level before placing the invisible source, which means you can decide whether you want dim lighting, moderate lighting, or bright lighting, without having to resort to redstone/torches/glowstone, etc. Using world edit you can just select an area and turn on or off a light source covering that entire area, using glowstone. (Left click adds, right click removes, as mentioned on the page and in the video.)
I don’t know if there’d be a way to track who put a light source down though, which could present problems with griefing if anybody could place light sources (maybe have mod+ and non-staff can ask for help?).
I also found a plugin called LightAPI which looks like it does a similar thing, but there weren’t and videos on the page and I didn’t read through all of it, but it had similar review scorings.
Anyway, hope this helped somewhat. Lemme know if this is the wrong site for plugins, I’ll remove this post.

I’ve been on a server with AddLight before. Its worldedit functionality is extremely difficult to use, and unless used sparingly, all the invisible light sources cause the game to lag a lot.