45th President of the United States

We do a lot of posts about international politics/current events. Australia day was just one example - I remember a Canada Day post somewhere along the line and definitely a Brexit post as well. I’d encourage someone to make a post about the Dutch elections as I’d like to learn more about the politics there.

I’m interested by politics or holidays from other countries too, a little unfair people jump onto the US saying a post wasn’t needed for this topic

For me, I didn’t like Trump. He was far from being my first choice, but he ended up being my last one, unfortunately. When faced with the choice of a career criminal, who has more flipflops than Old Navy in the middle of Summer, a weedaholic who doesn’t take his campaign seriously at all and wouldn’t take the presidency serious either, a woman who had a PhD yet still believes that vaccines cause autism, as well as nearly getting arrested for public vandalism, and a guy who tries to appeal to younger generations with wishful thinking, I had no other choice. The man has a mouth the size of Texas, but I do believe he cares for the country. Go back decades and watch his interviews- he speaks gold back then about his care and love for the US.

I’m bisexual, most people know this. I couldn’t just buy into the left with this considered, as politics with them are getting messier and messier as the days go on. What with the prevalence of the “anti-white culture” they propagate, as well as man-hating bs they throw all over, I cannot be included in a group that supports that. I won’t be happy for the next four years unless attitudes and whatnot with the current administration change drastically, believe me. However, I do take some solace in knowing we managed with the lesser of all evils we had available to us. That alone is a minute goodness in it all, despite the bad in it.