4 year anniversary

A teacher once told me, that after 3 years of doing something, it’s a tradition. So here we are again!
Like every year, I start the post with a story.

2017, 2nd of January, sometime early probably

A curious couple of youngsters, me and swolodude, joined a building community, looking to share our creative view with the world. We built a (mediocre) power plant, but it was too close to another city. At was at this time where we learned how helpful the staff members were. We were very new to the server, so we were excused for our mistake and the plant was moved elsewhere. Around this plant, we built our very first city, one with an infamous name: Oreville. Was it good? No. Was it hella fun to build and did it teach me how to get feedback and become a better builder in the process? Yes. And so, I got in touch with the amazing community and overal had a really great time. While I play significantly less now, because I’m older and have actual stuff to do now, I still love every session on PCB, and it’s all thanks to this amazing community and it’s excellent and nice staff team!
So, my biggest thank you to every single person I’ve met on this server (except you readyplayer1, you know what you did).

And now, as tradition, an overview of what I’ve done this year:

I finally finished Jasper Inc. two weeks before the reset

I finished the Dutch themed town, which turned out fairly well (but it also get deleted by the creative reset)

I have finally comitted on a project I really enjoy, the SCP site, and it’s actually something I’m proud of for once

I got trusted+

I haven’t crashed the server yet

And probably a lot more, but I can’t really remember as this post has to get kinda rushed cause I’m kinda 1 day late but if I’m fast enough it’s still 2nd of January somewhere in the world.
So, thank you all again for being who you are, this community is the best I’ve ever had.

-JasperTheJapser

7 Likes

Congrats, Jasper! Thanks for sticking around.

1 Like

Here’s to another year :partying_face:

1 Like