24 Hour Creative

With the survival server reset looming overhead, I thought of an idea that may be slightly interesting:

In the 24 hours leading up to the new survival server, the current survival server’s game mode is set to creative for last minute tweaks. Want to finish a project before it’s released for download? Want to build a diamond tower in the center of your town? Want to turn your walled fortress into a swimming pool? Go for it!

Though, of course, the downsides to it are that it’s probably not as simple as /gamemode creative, and then there’s the griefing potential…

When the survival map has been reset, there will probably be a world download so you can explore and add to your city/town in creative in single-player, rather than the staff having to change the gamemode of survival and mess about with settings, to have to put all of them back as they were for the new map.

I agree with Sam, plus the griefs Could spread no the ready-to-download map.

I don’t think it is worth having the survival map be converted to creative mode for a full 24 hours. Greifers would be everywhere, and you can download the map, and play on creative when the map is available for download.

This idea sounds very similar to a familiar movie.

Spoiler

We did this last survival reset, but it wasn’t in creative…

Very well. Valid points.

Even if we don’t end up using your idea @RoboticRampage I still think we should have some sort of event before survival resets.

PVP Tournament maybe?

Let’s get some ideas flowing

As said by Sam and others it’s a terrible idea I very much doubt it will happen

theres likely to be another purge (no guarantee just yet) but Im not sure about a gamemode change. SOP+ would have to discuss that