This isn't a rant.

This in its entirety.

Though maybe trusted have access to a board that normal members don’t, where they can voice complaints, etc, except out of the way of the normal members with less experience?

We have a “report a Player” menu under Community that runs only to staff. but that hasn’t work in like forever. maybe smart to fix that?

As apparently what Hard posted is the collective opinions of numerous members, I have made this thread so we can actually tell how large the problem is/whether it is in fact more than just Hard talking here.

http://projectcitybuild.com/forums/index.php?topic=8655.msg96568#msg96568

Send me your complaints, they will remain confidential.

Just posted this in the staff section, thought I should post it here too:

Her (Kurry's) promotion as a staff member was discussed by lower staff to be too fast, and upset many...

The main reasoning for her promotion, as thought by lower staff, is to be her friendship with Shadowmeire628…

This promotion (Ducky’s) sparked the same amount of outrage in the lower staff…

However, the conclusion between lower staff has been that DuckGyver received his promotion due to his acquaintanceship with kurrepted98989. This promotion is thought to be undeserved and only exists due to this friendship, an unfair advantage to say the least…

Lower staff believe that the position of Senior Operator should be given to certain staff members that withhold talents or skills that the server can benefit from, or at least offer leadership to lower staff members. However right now, the following staff members offer nothing to benefit the server (per the opinion of lower staff members). DuckGyver, Kurrepted98989, Shadowmeire628, and to an extent Ouhai_Ruby…

Why is this the 1st time we are hearing about ANY of these concerns?
We can’t do anything about these things if you don’t tell us you think there’s a problem with it! It is of absolutely no use complaining amongst yourselves, because ultimately you just get wound up, and then angry posts like the one Hard originally posted happen.

I like to think I am approachable. I have said it before, and I will say it again, if you wish to complain about anything to do with how things are run, feel free to PM me. I will not bite your head off, and I will not judge you. I’m sure the other senior staff are exactly the same. Hell, feel free to complain to me ABOUT me! I don’t mind if you do! Like I said, we need to know what you think the problems are before we can act on any of them.

Just my two cents since I’ve been absent for so long. Didn’t the Classic server work by applying for Mod then if you prove yourself over the next year you could became an Op? If my memory is correct, I liked that way.

That’s what it is now, every month we review the mods and decide whether they’re ready for Op or not. Depending on how they did, they can either be promoted to Op, made to stay as Mod for another month until we review again, or demoted back to their previous rank.

Ik the is more of an argument for the staff however i feel like all the sop’s do a great job and are always there to help. I have no problems with any staff and don’t know any players that do. Yes mistakes have been made but the man who made no mistakes never made anything as the saying goes. The point you made about reasons for promotions i think is not needed, personally if a member gets promoted to sop then it is because the hold all (or most) of the qualities of a great member of staff and I trust the staff that vote for them to make the right decision.

Yes, I’m fully aware of this.

I only say that operators should be allowed voice their opinions on a person becoming Senior Operator. As I say, ultimately, the decision should be up to Senior Staff. If an operator voices a completely valid and reasonable reason as to why or why not a person should or should not get the promotion, it should be taken into consideration by senior staff.

The only problem with that is there could be some jealousy between the operators. Thats why i suggested exactly what you’re saying, except with some more senior trusted members. Trusted arent staff, so they would really have no reason to be jealous about a sop promotion.

Apologies, but I feel that this decision would be too great for trusted too make, regardless of whether they’re senior or not. They final decision should be Senior Staff (i.e. Admins and Senior Operators), yet the opinion of junior staff should be taken into consideration.

Well I suppose you had to include my name because it’s obvious that myself (along with you Ital and Ymb as also mentioned) are of the more active and seniority among the Operators. Though I see that I find it fitting for you to mention me, at the same time I really wish you hadn’t. There’s no hiding that I was very jealous and disappointed that I wasn’t promoted to SOP just like you, however that doesn’t mean I’m gonna be any less of an active player or an active part of the community based on those decisions. I’m happy for anybodys that’s SOP because I suppose it shows that these people are of the most dedicated to the server in one way or another, and of course “Senior-like” in the community. The fact that Kurry’s promotion was rushed shouldn’t discourage you (nor should Guibo’s) because like everybody else we are all trying to improve the community and contribute whatever specialties you are most known for. I’ve been here for 3 years, I know which players respect/are fond of me and actually that’s all that should be on your mind. That being said, I understand that this is an open discussion to everybody else but please don’t throw me into this kind of situation again.

Now for my two cents, I would have thought the fellow SOPs would have let us be known of specific areas why some of us ops were not qualified per se compared to the other nominated ops because when I asked in privacy if there was any reason why I wasn’t picked it was almost as if it were a big secret. Why is it that way? Mods get mod reviews, so we can’t maybe have Op reviews too? That with the intention to let ops know if they’re doing alright, what they could improve on if needed, or advice on other things.

Can we have this, yesterday? I know this is the primary reason Ka got so angry - how is anyone supposed to know how to get there, if they try, and try, and fail.

+1000000 OP reviews or opinions or something

I can already see mine.

Shadomeire: “Brodur, get on the friggly* server more!”

*Expletives were censored in this post, have a nice day!

And I know that originally SOP was more of an unobtainable rank, but with recent changes I think the way SOP is approached needs to change.

my opinion

Expletives? whatever do you mean Brodur? XD

tnt

whut?

Expletives are like, verbal TNT. but about 1000000X harsher.