PCB WORLD EXPO 2018

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to. The second annual PCB World Expo. Players from each countries will be given a 75x75 plot, where they will aim to create the most impressive pavilion representing their country’s identity. By the end of August, the three best pavilions will be revealed, and the builders will be rewarded!

Pleas warp to ‘’worldexpo’’ to see our spawn area for the event!

However, building will only start on the 15th August! Plots will be wiped before this date if any blocks have been placed. As with the previous event, you may however discuss with your team ideas!

The World Expo 2018 will only have 9 plots for 9 countries. 4 plots have already been awarded to countries that represent a large part of our community.

These include:

• US
  • UK
  • Canada
  • Australia

In order to grab the remaining plots, be one of the 5 first persons to claim on this page and include what country this plot shall be. However unlike the last World Expo, any person who decides to represent their country must have at least 2 people in total (including themselves). No exceptions.

Other plots that have been claimed will be listed below:

• Italy
  • Mexico
  • France
  • The Netherlands
  • (Name)

As before, if all the plots have been given away when you read this post and you would like to contribute do not worry! If you would like to build for a country that you are fond of such as the UK or any other country that has a lot, ask them if you could join.

As always, remember to create a ‘’thread’’ on the events and competition page called ‘’World Expo: Name of Country’’. On this page please include the list of your builders as this will be important in order to award prizes. The thread can be used additionally to discuss building ideas or take the opportunity to create group chats on discord with your teammates!

The link below is the event and competition page:
https://forums.projectcitybuild.com/c/general/events-competitions.

RULES:

1. Building starts on 15/08/18
  2. Building ends on 09/09/18
  3. Three winning countries revealed on 10/09/18
  4. List of players and “country thread” is essential for the competition
  5. 1 plot per country
  6. You can build for any country, but only for 1 team!
  7. No greifing spawn nor other plots
  8. Buildings must be within the 75x75 plot
  9. The use of World Edit is not permitted

Your team will be judged on these four points:

• Quality of the build
  • Originality
  • Presentation of the Team’s Official Thread
  • Team Spirit / good behaviour with the other teams

Your final piece as a team will be judged by your’s truly: Penny, Ducky and myself as the judging panel.

PRIZES

1st:

• A 1st place World Expo 2018 forum medal to be added next to your banner.
    2nd:
  • A 2nd place World Expo 2018 forum medal to be added next to your banner.
    3rd:
  • A 3rd place World Expo 2018 forum medal to be added next to your banner.

Good luck!

NOTE: People have been asking me if they can be a team by themselves. I have said no to some people as there is a rule that states that you need at least 2 people to start (exception from the main 4). However, because a few people have asked, I will allow it. But please be aware that if you work alone you risk being at disadvantage from other teams with more players.

2 Likes

Guess I will join either USA or AUS one lol

CANADA PLEASE!
Gotta represent my country.

Turns out im in AUS team

:it: Team Italy! (Squadra Italia!!) :it:

-±-

The Squad Consists of
MattDB, Vir_Caeli, Omganator, and EstevaoBuilder!

1 Like

Kyle, db and I will be building for the UK. Any other Brits are welcome to join. Do /warp worldexpo to see what idea we have come up with. Have fun, good luck everyone !

1 Like

I am on the Canadian Team.
Friggin right buds lets go on and giv’r eh!

MwMxTrX
Masterboatman
NSXNation
whbilbo
pierocks

1 Like

:us: TEAM AMERICA :us:

Captain [1/1]

• MrFerf

Officers [1/2]

• A_Good_Shrimp
  • ???

Builders [8/8]

• jmvvana
  • theminer220
  • JakeTFS
  • Lysithea_ciel
  • acaa
  • Robot_King
  • vexnorz
  • SaltedWolf

Contact me on Discord (MrFerf#0015) if you’re interested in participating.
If there’s an abundance of y’all, I might recommend a regional split (East/West, South/North, etc.)

1 Like

ESTADOS UNIDOS MEXICANOS

Leader : MilesNoKilometer

Builder(s) : _happybob

Contact me on disc, forums or ingame if you want to join team Mexico. Viva La Mexico!

1 Like

Team France

Head of Pavilion:
Poctivy_Ani

Assistants (0/2)
Builders (0/?)

I’m going to be heading the French pavilion. If anyone would like to join Team France, don’t hesitate to message me via @Poctivy_Ani.

1 Like

Team Australia!

• Emfitty
  • Wairoa
  • Insane_Monkey
  • Dantosky
  • Mannriah

If anyone would like to join team Australia, please let Emfitty, Wairoa, Insane_Monkey, Dantosky or myself know! Anyone is welcome to join as long as they are from the land down under (others accepted on a per-person basis after discussion).

1 Like

Team Dutch!

Our team is: verajasper and JustACornCob dm one of us in discord
to join our team

1 Like

I would really like to join Italy team, if possible

Absolutely @estevaoba2003, I’ll add you right now!

:fire: LESS THAN 3 DAYS UNTIL WORLD EXPO DEADLINE! :fire:

Ladies and Gents the 2018 World Expo will be coming to an end in less than 3 days time! The event will officially end at 9:00am GMT time so make sure that your respected areas are finished and ready for the judges inspection. Good luck and thank you to all participants!!! :fire:

1 Like

Ignore this info*

Summary

:fire: Ladies and Gents the deadline will remain on the 9th September but instead of 9:00am GMT the deadline will be extended to 12pm GMT as a result of timezone differences allowing every team to have a full weekend of finishing their respected plots. This is the final deadline for the project so make sure you finish in time. Good luck! :fire:

1 Like

Hey everyone! There’s been a little confusion about the deadline for the World Expo.

It is not actually 12PM GMT on Sunday.
The deadline is supposed to be 11:59PM UTC: -11

This means that the deadline is actually
3:59AM on monday for the East Coast of the USA
2:59AM on monday for Mexico City (In Mexico)
8:59AM on monday for GMT (The UK)
9:59AM on monday for Paris and Rome (France & Italy)
9:59AM on monday for Amsterdam (Netherlands)
5:59PM on monday for Eastern Australia (AEST)

Zwink wished to give everyone the entire weekend but put the wrong deadline in by accident.
Hope this helps clear up the issue.
Disregard the last deadline update.

3 Likes