LGBT Rights in the Supreme Court

I try to stay neutral regarding the subject. I know alot of people who are avid supporters of LGBT and alot of people who are avid protesters of LGBT. I generally try not to treat anyone differently due to their preferences. It seems right to me to let other people live their lives how they want, so long as they aren’t trying to push their views on me. I’d generally prefer if it was something that wasn’t quite so hyped up, because to me I don’t really see it as a problem, or as anything that needs any public attention. I think that generally, american culture is at least accepting of LGBT people, and that things are chill the way they are (with some exceptions of course).

However, at the same time my family has some traditional values, one being our lineage. I am the first born son of my family, coming from the first born son of the first born son etc etc all the way back to whenever. We have special naming conventions for the first born son of each generation, and there are heirlooms that get passed down from firstborn to firstborn. I fully intend to have a family someday, and I wonder occasionally how I would feel one day if my firstborn son were homosexual, because then he would then be incapable of having a firstborn son and continuing the family lineage. I understand there are other circumstances which could bring about the same result, and there is the "oh you can adopt!"option, but it just doesn’t quite seem the same to me. It’s something that I’d probably just learn to accept when the time came.

@Metazealot

Thanks for your opinion! I understand where you’re coming from about the “hype” part, and as others have commented, it doesn’t really add that much of a beneficial value. I appreciate your thoughts about not treating anyone differently due to their preferences.

I also try to apply that with people like @AngelSentinel who don’t necessarily support LGBT marriage. I mentioned above that

I’m not going to criticize you if you hate it.
and that’s how I feel completely. I don’t necessarily agree with Angel on his beliefs, but I’m not going to beat him for it, just as he said he wouldn’t do the same to supporters. I appreciate that current state of cooperation here on PCB :smiley:

Thanks again :slight_smile:
~Amphi

I too am Pan (Or Bi, I haven’t really figured it out yet), and I support the marriage rights wholeheartedly, especially since marriage was never once holy anyway (Used to be Pagan to represent the union of two people gender different or no as far as I understood).

And Spllat the bitchy people you’re thinking of probably have some kind of facade hiding true feelings behind it (which goes for any person who’s bitchy) or some really inflated ego (TV does that to people), but that whole bitchy stereotype isn’t exclusive to gays. Kind of depressing that this stereotype still sticks but it’s starting to change.

Anywhoo I guess the gender part shouldn’t matter, as long as subject A loves subject B, why not just leave them to their own devices?

@Wairoa

Thanks for your opinion :slight_smile:

I three would like to come out as pan, while we’re on this topic.

@Amphitryon Thanks for your opinion.

:slight_smile:

I just don’t give a shit.

People make a big deal out of it, but if everyone just stops giving a shit, problem is solved.

Here’s a web comic I found which explains it quite well:

The way I look at life is live and let live.
Whatever sexual leanings etc one has is their own.

Lately gay and lesbian tendencies have been in the forefront of news one way or another - because at last they are able to ‘come out’ without fear in most countries.

I believe if you like a person then it doesn’t matter what colour, religion or sexual gender they are.
That person is no different to before you knew what sexual leaning they had.

Every family somewhere has someone who might have been gay -
Years ago they had to cover it up for fear of being victimised.

I had a great uncle and in his time period it was very anti to be gay. He suffered greatly and it ruined his life.
He finally committed suicide, as many did, mainly because of small minded people that made them fearful of coming out.
What a terrible life he and many others must have had.

I am hetrosexual but genders do not bother me.

The way I look at it is, you only get one life, live it to your best potential and be true to yourself.

Well… I personaly have nothing against gays or gay marige, i enven think that we should encourage people to mary those who they love … but things are kinda different in my country.

The Gay Pride Parade isnt what it should be here. Every year most incidents happen during the parade and every time there is something new that they think of just to make the media jump to their feet. I think that thise people just want attention and not rights or sth important. That kind of people just annoys me! We have to pay milions for damages because they just want 2 articles in the papers and attention. In my country we have 2 kinds of name for gay poeple one is gay for just being gay and the other is something like faggot or sth like that translated for those who only seek attention.

Hope its different … well everywhere else.

Edit : having trouble typing on my phone sorry if some words arent what they should be…

I am also pretty neutral on the subject. If someone is gay then i don’t have a problem with them, its their life ad they get to live it how they want! I also think the gay community is shown very stereotypically when really gay people aren’t like that. What i hate is people that say they are gay for attention like ruby said.

I’m one of the IDGAF people when it comes to approach to sexuality - race and gender applies here too. My main problem is when people get presumptuous.
If you’re LGBTQ, that’s fine with me. If you’re straight, that’s fine with me.
Whatever culture or gender, too, that’s fine with me.
If you’re an asshole, however, that’s not fine, and I won’t like you.
There’s one person in my neighborhood that is openly gay, and an asshole. His sexuality is fine with me, his asshole-y-ness is not. However, he presumes I don’t like him because he’s gay. I’ve been called a homophobe several times by him. I’ve attempted to explain that if he was straight, I still wouldn’t like him, and his sexuality has nothing to do with it. He never listens, of course, just claiming that I’m trying to defend my “bigoted homophobic ideals”. I think homophobophobia might become a new term.

i view LGBT the same way i view stuff like religion and politics, people should have the right to do what they want as long as its not being forced at someone or used to start argument, otherwise have at it

It seems that we all have very similar opinions on the matter. Our generation seems to pretty much think that it doesn’t matter, as long as it doesn’t hurt anyone. That’s pretty cool that we’ve come so far, especially within the past 30 years.

I believe that the government shouldn’t care if you are a man and a woman, man and man, or woman and woman. But I also believe that transgenders should make their partner aware of the fact that they are transgender out of courtesy. I am not saying I hate them but I also wouldn’t want my lover to be one either if you catch my drift. Also I understand that the flamboyancy is a very exaggerated stereotype but I would like the LGBT community to act the same way straight people do in public. As Ruby said you don’t need a prize for finding out your gay and if you do maybe you should rethink if you only did it for attention. I would like to through out there that seeing gay or lesbian romantic gestures does not make me sick or think it is wrong in the slightest. But I find dudes repulsive and could not think of them in a sexual way involving me. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s my two cents
_(3)_/

I think it’s a utter shame this question has to be asked, but I know it’s still only 2015 and the world is a looong way away. Here in the UK it’s legal in England, Wales and Scotland although Northern Ireland still needs to catch up. I also think that it’s perfectly fine if a church does not want to conduct a gay marriage if it goes against their beliefs (A hot topic in the UK recently)

I understand where you’re coming from here, but imo, if a church doesn’t want to marry a gay couple, then I don’t think the couple should want to get married at the church anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, and @David9336 and @Everyone who gave their views, thanks :smiley:

The thing is, these opinions are coming from a select portion of our generation (granted a large portion). There are many people out there who don’t really play video games. I know a lot of people out there take the opposite tact, even from our generation. But generally yes I think that as a whole, we’ve shifted towards acceptance.

Love this comic:

Related: