Mount2010 report

resolved

Hi there,

I am very new to this server, and have been very pleased with the kindness of almost all the players in your community - that is except 1 person.

The person in question is Mount2010 AKA mawthecat. I was asked of him to build an ice cream stand in his town, so I did. I didn’t like the build I made, so I asked him if he could come guide me along a little bit. He didn’t come, so I just left and did something else. A couple of hours later I see in chat “Lol this is what happens when you ask a newb to make an ice cream stand” - which I of course reacted to. I didn’t think it was fair to call me a newb when he in fact does not know me or my building capabilities. I asked him to tell me how he wanted it, and recieved no guidelines - so I left it at that. I whispered him to keep the public chat clean, saying that it wasn’t fair. He then lost his shit and started saying I was annoying and a noob and blah blah. He then decided to write in public chat something along the lines of: “Talking to a guy right now who is salty because i didn’t like his ice cream stand” which was indeed very frustrating, as that was not the cause of our conversation. He continued being a complete asshole in the chat, even though several other trusted members told him to back off and chill down.

I think it is a shame, really. You have a great server and a nice community, but this guy is a stain on your good community. I did not expect anyone to treat a newcomer like this, and was quite surprised that not even other trusted members could have him calm down.

Just my 2 cents here,
Thanks

vesthardt98

Theorically i it is mount’s city, so he can delete your ice cream parlor. I didn’t see much, but mount didn’t seem to overreact so badly as you said.

Would like to hear @mount2010 's side of the story too.

Estevao, I didn’t have a problem with him removing it - he can do so without any issue. He made it seem in chat like that was in fact what I was unhappy with, but it wasn’t. I was unhappy because he called me a noob out of the blue. Anyways, here is the chat logs as requested by Callum:

[21:21:11] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Trusted] ~MawntTheCat> i shouldn’t have asked a newb to build an ice cream parlor
[21:21:11] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Trusted] ~MawntTheCat> xD
[21:21:29] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Member] vesthardt98> Maw what do you mean
[21:21:55] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Member] vesthardt98> Maw I am newb just because I can’t build an ice cream stand? xD
[21:22:55] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> ~MawntTheCat] Are you avoiding my question
[21:23:00] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [~MawntTheCat -> me] ?
[21:23:08] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [~MawntTheCat -> me] what question
[21:23:14] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> ~MawntTheCat] I asked if I am a noob just because I can’t build an ice cream stand
[21:23:27] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [~MawntTheCat -> me] were you the oen who built it
[21:23:49] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> ~MawntTheCat] I was, yes. But since you didn’t come over to tell me how you wanted it, it was kind of hard
[21:24:00] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [~MawntTheCat -> me] i wasnt offended
[21:24:08] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [~MawntTheCat -> me] i didnt mean to offend*
[21:24:14] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [~MawntTheCat -> me] i thought you weren’t on lol
[21:24:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [~MawntTheCat -> me] i didnt know of your building skill
[21:24:36] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> ~MawntTheCat] Doesn’t really change anything. You should think about what you say before you say it
[21:24:41] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [~MawntTheCat -> me] ha
[21:24:44] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [~MawntTheCat -> me] what if
[21:24:48] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [~MawntTheCat -> me] i told you i had aspergers
[21:24:51] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> ~MawntTheCat] I ditched the build because you were not there to tell me how you wanted it
[21:24:51] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [~MawntTheCat -> me] pls
[21:24:59] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [~MawntTheCat -> me] i know
[21:25:11] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [~MawntTheCat -> me] but you’re drawing an stickman on the mona lisa
[21:25:15] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [~MawntTheCat -> me] if that’s a good metaphor
[21:26:12] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> ~MawntTheCat] What does asperges have to do with anything
[21:26:25] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [~MawntTheCat -> me] i have trouble with social situations plus
[21:26:29] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> ~MawntTheCat] I just want you to understand that you cannot trash talk and judge someone without knowing them
[21:26:31] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [~MawntTheCat -> me] i didnt like your build
[21:26:42] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [~MawntTheCat -> me] vest, stop it
[21:26:44] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> ~MawntTheCat] I didn’t either, it sucks balls
[21:26:45] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [~MawntTheCat -> me] you’re just being annoying
[21:26:58] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [~MawntTheCat -> me] if you dislike it you can make a copy of it in your townm
[21:27:05] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [~MawntTheCat -> me] like*
[21:27:29] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [~MawntTheCat -> me] i dont want any additional trouble
[21:27:34] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [~MawntTheCat -> me] i’ve had a bad day
[21:27:47] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> ~MawntTheCat] I don’t like it. It sucks. But I am not going to spend time building something for someone who
[21:27:53] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> ~MawntTheCat] obviously does not care
[21:28:01] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [~MawntTheCat -> me] i dont care because you’re being annoying
[21:28:13] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> ~MawntTheCat] You asked me to build, I asked for guidelines. You gave me none. And then you expect it to be glorious?
[21:28:22] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [~MawntTheCat -> me] you’re raging
[21:28:29] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [~MawntTheCat -> me] i should ignore you shouldnt it
[21:28:32] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [~MawntTheCat -> me] i
[21:28:45] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Trusted] ~MawntTheCat> im talking to this guy
[21:28:46] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> ~MawntTheCat] I don’t think so. I am quite calm, I just dislike your attitude
[21:28:50] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Trusted] ~MawntTheCat> who got all salty with me
[21:28:57] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Trusted] ~MawntTheCat> because i removed his ice cream parlor
[21:29:11] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Member] vesthardt98> That’s fine maw, be like that.
[21:29:15] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Trusted] ~MawntTheCat> that’s fine vest
[21:29:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Trusted] ~MawntTheCat> be like that
[21:29:39] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Member] vesthardt98> Why do you all of a sudden have to go to public chat? I am messaging you in private for a reason
[21:29:41] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Trusted] ~MawntTheCat> if you would like to be so stuck up your own ass without considering other’s ambitions please do
[21:29:44] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Member] vesthardt98> No reason to have drama in the public chat
[21:29:56] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Trusted] ~MawntTheCat> please you’re just being annoying
[21:29:58] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Trusted] ~MawntTheCat> just stop
[21:30:05] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Trusted] ~MawntTheCat> i’m going to ignore you if that helps
[21:30:44] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Member] vesthardt98> Ignore me then - I think I have made my case
[21:30:48] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Member] vesthardt98> You’re a horrible person
[21:30:51] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Trusted] ~MawntTheCat> ha
[21:30:56] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Trusted] ~MawntTheCat> says the annoying one
[21:31:01] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[$][Trusted] ~Ryicidal> Mawnt
[21:31:04] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[$][Trusted] ~Ryicidal> Youre a trusted
[21:31:06] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Survival_nether><[$][Trusted] ~LykaiosFelan> god guys be mature n get over it
[21:31:07] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[$][Trusted] ~Ryicidal> Set an example
[21:31:10] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Trusted] ~MawntTheCat> ryan
[21:31:20] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Trusted] ~MawntTheCat> this guy is new
[21:31:24] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[$][Trusted] ~Ryicidal> So?
[21:31:27] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Trusted] ~MawntTheCat> he obviously doesnt know anyone on here
[21:31:30] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Trusted] ~MawntTheCat> and
[21:31:38] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Trusted] ~MawntTheCat> you know what ryan
[21:31:44] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Trusted] ~MawntTheCat> i have the urge to grief right now
[21:31:53] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Trusted] ~MawntTheCat> people trying to be bitches
[21:31:54] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Trusted] ~MawntTheCat> because
[21:31:56] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Trusted] ~MawntTheCat> they think
[21:32:00] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Trusted] ~MawntTheCat> people are horrible
[21:32:08] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Trusted] ~MawntTheCat> they dont know anything
[21:32:22] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[$][Trusted] ~Ryicidal> Im just saying
[21:32:29] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[$][Trusted] ~Ryicidal> That you shouldve kept it in pm
[21:32:36] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Member] vesthardt98> Maw you’re a stain to this community
[21:32:40] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Trusted] ~MawntTheCat> vest
[21:32:41] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Trusted] ~MawntTheCat> shut up
[21:32:48] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Trusted] ~MawntTheCat> go back to your room
[21:32:54] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Trusted] ~MawntTheCat> play with your toys
[21:32:57] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Member] vesthardt98> I am sitting in my room quite comfortably right now :slight_smile:
[21:33:10] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Survival_nether><[$][Trusted] ~LykaiosFelan> both of u just /ignore each other
[21:33:12] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Trusted] ~MawntTheCat> because you don’t know how to conduct yourself when others ask you to stop
[21:33:16] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Trusted] ~MawntTheCat> i will lyka
[21:33:39] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Member] vesthardt98> This I wasn’t expecting :stuck_out_tongue:
[21:33:51] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Member] vesthardt98> Such a shame really, everyone else here seems so nice
[21:34:03] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [~LykaiosFelan -> me] he loses is shit often, dont worry about him :stuck_out_tongue:
[21:34:04] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Trusted] ~MawntTheCat> i dont like your passive aggressive attitude vest
[21:34:41] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Survival_nether><[$][Trusted] ~LykaiosFelan> mount, no offense here, but you do sometimes ovverreact over small things. Just lay off a bit ok? :slight_smile:
[21:34:57] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Trusted] ~MawntTheCat> lyka fuck off to be frank
[21:35:04] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Trusted] ~MawntTheCat> i left for three months over this shit
[21:35:32] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Survival_nether><[$][Trusted] ~LykaiosFelan> this happened a few days ago as well, i’d just leave for a bit and breathe, mount. Please?
[21:36:00] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Trusted] ~MawntTheCat> honestly i dont see the point in building if people are not going to work with others
[21:37:07] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Trusted] ~MawntTheCat> but some people like vest like to ruin it by plaining insulting others or trying to take all credit for the builds here, or trying to be smug
[21:37:25] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Member] vesthardt98> I know maw have ignored me, which is good i guess
[21:37:37] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Member] vesthardt98> But guys please understand that nothing of what he is mentioning has happened

Reading it again, I probably should have left it earlier. I was just not very happy with being called a newb when we talked 2 lines together earlier.

• Vest

Well then. this escalated

Going from what i see, vesthard was trying to be mature and sensible about it, just trying to tell mount that insulting him isnt nice, whilst keeping it in /msg. Whereas mount took it to main chat, and continued to be mean about it. Mount also tried getting away with it by saying vest is new, which apparently meant he didn’t deserve respect.

Overall, @mount2010 , although this was one small issue, you need to be respectful of everyone, new or not. Even after being told you’re trusted by Ryan, which apparently didn’t mean anything to you, you continued to insult him. As trusted, you’re supposed to be responsible and mature, this proved otherwise.

Also, I will address the “i have the urge to grief right now”. Mount, you need to think about what you say and do, before you get yourself banned.

Agreed with @CallumW25

I think it’s clear on what the staff response is - locking up.

I’d still like to know if Mount wants to say something himself, so unlocking again for a little to give him the chance to do so if he feels like it.

closed #9