BryceDestroyer03 - February 8th, 2015

[html]

Minecraft Username BryceDestroyer03

Date of Ban February 8th, 2015
Server Survival/Creative
Banned by Ouhai_Ruby

Reason for Ban "You are banned from this server! Reason: Claiming someone elses town, general annoyance."

I’m guessing that the claiming town part was Lignum, but idk, and I really don’t know why I’m was called a general annoyance.

Reason to be Unbanned Ok, so I was joining the server today and I had not got on since around Feb 5, and I saw that I was banned for claiming someone else’s town and for being an annoyance. My heart was crushed. For all I knew before from the creative rules, claiming someone’s town was legal as long as they were not inactive for at least 3 months. And a general annoyance? Ask Amph/Yoshio or some of my other friends, they’ll vouch for me!

Claiming Towns: Ok, when I did claim Lignum, I read on the online town rules that you can claim a person’s town as long as they were gone/inactive for at least 3 months. I didn’t know otherwise, so I asked staff how long insane_monkey had been gone and they said 5+ months. I thought that was fine, so I claimed the town. With San Franzwinkco, staff said 3+months, and I claimed that too. If I did break rules, I would not have known.

Annoyance: Ok, like I said up there, ask some of my server friends such as Yoshio/Amph or Jmv or Jacob19(numbers)! They’ll say that I’m not a general annoyance! Besides, even if I was, Ouhai or whoever banned me should’ve told me that I was the slightest bit annoying before banning me! That’s like killing a guy because he had a booger coming out of his nose and you not telling me! Other staff, please give me your opinion on this ban, while I sit here wondering why I was banned in the first place.

Thank you,
BryceDestroyer03

[ Ban History ] No previous ban appeals on record.

[ ! ] Do not post unless you are in someway involved in this matter.
[ !! ] Do not edit this post or the formatting will break.
[/html]

Pretty sure no rule says you can do that…

That’s in survival, and you still can’t just claim it.

Just an FYI

Here is the post bryce must be talking about

http://projectcitybuild.com/forums/index.php?topic=760.msg72625#msg72625

That post is outdated, and the rules contained within no longer apply. The new rules for creative towns do not specify what happens with towns. I’ll clear it up to be similar to the survival ones when I get a chance.

In terms of just that, I’ll be willing to unban you on Sunday (i.e. a 1 week temp-ban) for claiming and allowing people to build on someone else’s town.

With the annoyance bit, I was tipped off by other staff. They know who they are, so I’ll wait for them to respond on that front.
If they don’t by Sunday, I’ll just assume it was nothing worthy of note and unban as planned.

just a note to @thejoshua79, please avoid posting on appeals if your not involved with the matter

Another side note: During ban appeals, I try to be as unbiased as possible, so please do not list my name. Thanks :slight_smile: I was also on the server when Bryce claimed Lignum. It was guided along by staff and I felt that they wanted to give it to him. I don’t think Bryce had bad intentions. In addition to the claiming of Lignum, said staff member which guided Bryce let me have Sherwood. I’d be fine with giving it up if that’s what needs to happen.

Also:

the lolz

~Amphi

Again. Reminder to any non-staff. If you are not directly involved, REFRAIN from posting within appeals. It drags conversation off-topic with information such as, “they are a good guy”.

I personally find you annoying at times as you often pester myself and other staff members asking “when was player x last on?” so you can try and claim their town. There have been times when you have come on, asked about multiple people, then left without playing at all.

I seem to remember you arguing with me about a players activity too, or why I wouldn’t let you claim a town even though they were inactive at the time.

I was going to suggest an unban, but then I reread his post and I have to say I don’t really like the attitude in this.

You’ve had your week for claiming someone’s town, the annoyance sounds kinda small compared to some people we’ve had. I’m adding 2 days - you will be unbanned on Teusday.

PM me then, and no sooner, if I forget.